Tried Ribs a Different Way

Happy Hapgood

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Just acouple of pics but I've been using water in my WSM for about 4 years. Have done some smokes with just foil lined pan and no water during the winter but not many.

Today went with foil lined pan with an OAT of 85*F. Ran two racks of St. Louis style ribs for 3 hours with KBB & hickory wood @ approx. 280*F grill level. Foiled for 1 1/2 hour with butter, brown sugar and a scoach of water.
Rested the racks about 30 mins. I've been told they were my best ones yet. Seems no end to doing ribs a different way. No sauce used or wanted with these. I'll experiment with this method for the next few smokes.

2nc3nys.jpg

30bfck6.jpg

No end to learning and Thanks for Lookin'. :becky:

Chit, I thought you were gonna tell us you boiled them and here you go telling us you actually ran dry:rolleyes: Nice job bro, those look realky good:becky:.

Way dang fine ribs! I be changing up my method tonight as well; sure hope they come out as nice as yourn.

I didn't want to do this, but I have to.

Toast, you're in Louisiana, how freaking cold can it get? :becky:

I'm in northwest Louisiana. 3 years ago we did not get above freezing for about 2 weeks if memory serves and lows in the teens for about the same amount of time. Plumbers made a killin' once the thaw hit. :tsk: Then we can hit 96*F with 70% humidity which I'd trade in a second with 120 in the high dry dessert. I recon every place has their own cross to bear. :becky:

Back