The Ultimate Score on Brisket

GrillsGoneWild

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Prices seem to be coming back down to "normal" for brisket and it is time to fill my freezer back up. So while out on date night with the wife we stop by a Walmart in Forney, TX to see what price they had for them and I see an empty bin with a price tag of $1.98/lb. They were getting in another shipment that night but I didn't want to make another trip so we scooted over to the Walmart in Terrell after calling to verify they had them in for the same price. We get there and there is a nice gentleman stocking the meat section and I ask him if he has any Primes stuck somewhere in the back. He says he didn't but he would help me get the better Choice ones out of the bin since they were mixed with Selects. We had pulled about 10 of them and I had selected 3 in my basket when he pulls up a nice 15lb Choice. He says "You like this one". Yep, nice thick flat and goo marbling and solid fat cap. He then says "Well, this one looks like it could be losing it's vac seal so let me run it to the back and reprice it for you." No problem sine I was keeping one out of the freezer for this weekend anyways. He comes back out and throws it in my basket.

Here is the repriced packer.

Even better is he gave me the heads up of when the Primes will be coming in so I can get them for $1.98/lb.

Nice score, I paid a lot more today, $3.45 a pound for Choice Angus

Got me beat. Best price on prime I've gotten this year was $2.78. Never see primes at any of the 3 Wal-Marts in my area.

I would be absolutely giddy with joy doing cartwheels if I could find choice at 2.78 per pound let alone prime up here in ohio. Best I can find on choice packers is 3.25 per at my GFS. Flats up here are never below 6.00 per

I would be absolutely giddy with joy doing cartwheels if I could find choice at 2.78 per pound let alone prime up here in ohio. Best I can find on choice packers is 3.25 per at my GFS. Flats up here are never below 6.00 per

I was at GFS just a few hours ago

$3.99 here

pass

Back