Best Pellets

I've had good results with these

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00819OICI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/ame]

Find something you can get locally for a good price. I've settled on Lumberjack pellets. Mostly use the MHC blend (Maple, Hickory, Cherry) although I've recently tried their 100% Maple, which is pretty good as well. I didn't like the OHC blend (Oak, Hickory, Cherry), too much ash. Cookin pellets is also pretty good as well as BBQrs Delight. BTW, I believe B&B pellets are rebranded BBQrs Delight.

Try a bag of some different brands and see what works best for you.

I use the CookinPellets ordered from Amazon as well. Under $1/lb beats anything I can buy locally and since I have Amazon Prime I don't even have to pay for shipping. I usually have both Hickory and Perfect Mix on hand and switch them out as needed.

I agree with the above. Find something you can get locally. I currently am using lumberjack and have it shipped to my house by the 1/2 ton. Saves me a fair amount per lb. I like the OHC blend but it does produce a ton of ash. I used to use cookinpellets but i find lumberjack burns way longer.

Anyone try these 'Pit Boss wood pellets'? Freakin cheap. I go through 50lbs a week easily and darn these are cheap.

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MS3WYXI/ref=s9_acsd_simh_hd_bw_b8CDnRT_c_x_w?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-4&pf_rd_r=TM83BVD43HG2WC35SS62&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=fe86dfba-6fa3-595f-ad0d-130a4467992e&pf_rd_i=7509667011[/ame]

Anyone try these 'Pit Boss wood pellets'? Freakin cheap. I go through 50lbs a week easily and darn these are cheap.

Yep. I use 'em and I like 'em. I was very happy to get 9 bags on clearance from WalMart for $1/bag! I think they give great flavor. Normal ash residue. I've been using B&B, but after I go through those, I'll likely just be using the Pit Boss ones.

I like BBQ'ers Delight and stay away from all the rest, but to each his own.

As far as costs, why would I worry about a few dollars a bag when I'm willing to pay more to buy quality meat?

I use BBQ'rs delight/ B&B. Really like them, always get a consistent burn and not a ton of ash.

Yep. I use 'em and I like 'em. I was very happy to get 9 bags on clearance from WalMart for $1/bag! I think they give great flavor. Normal ash residue. I've been using B&B, but after I go through those, I'll likely just be using the Pit Boss ones.

Nice, got a 200 lbs of CookinPettets like that from a liquidation center last year, was stoked.

As to worrying about price, I started a BBQ trailer last year and I probably underestimated my usage by 2x. so $30-$40 a week can add up if the quality is still good. Need to do a better job with my costs this year, so trying to look at all the angles without sacrificing quality.

Thanks for the input

You have to be under 40 cents a pound work with another bbqer to buy a pallet, or a local store to bring a pallet in,and split up you can be at 30 cents, also watch Craig's list

Lumber Jack all the way. I really like the mhc and the apple pecan blends. The both burn much better then any other pellet that I have used.

I use mainly Lumber Jack. I have had good luck with them. I order them by half pallets. Comes out cheaper by the bag than buying a bag or two at a time, even with the shipping added in.

I use BBQer's Delight. Rumor has it, that B&B pellets are re-branded BBQer's Delight pellets.

Back