plow disc cooker/wok

jestridge

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I was wondering if any of the brethren own one of these. Thinking about makiing some.

Yeah we have a couple of the big ones down at work. If you need to cook a bunch of food fast these are the ticket! You can make a bunch of sausage and eggs for breakfast burritos.
Ours was from a highway dept disk machine. It measures about 28 to 30 in across. They are heavy farkers too. I looked but I don't have any pics of them in action. We are ususally too busy when they are in use. :shock:

A small one would be really cool for around the house.

fil

I just bought another on our trip to TX. I use them for cooking tripas at our Mexican Fiestas.

I was wondering if any of the brethren own one of these. Thinking about makiing some.

I have this one. It has threads welded on the bottom for screwing in 1/2 pipes for legs. Its fits into the Weber just right.

Picture046.jpg

I have this one. It has threads welded on the bottom for screwing in 1/2 pipes for legs. Its fits into the Weber just right.

Picture046.jpg
I prolly put legs on some of mine. I going to make several to give away. Also think I might make some garden art out of them P.S How do they cook

Ours was from a highway dept disk machine. It measures about 28 to 30 in across. They are heavy farkers too. I looked but I don't have any pics of them in action. We are ususally too busy when they are in use. :shock:
fil

Here is Fil in action from our last cook-off. You can't beat chicken and veggies cooked outside on an old plow disc and wrapped in a flour tortilla. And chased with an ice cold beer straight from the cooler.
texaswok.jpg

I prolly put legs on some of mine. I going to make several to give away. Also think I might make some garden art out of them P.S How do they cook

It cooks great, I have done burgers, chicken and Vegi's all came out good. Makes a nice sizzling sound when cooking. Legs are good for over a campfire.

Thanks. I have several old disk promise Going try to get one made before school out. P.S is it similiar to using a wok?

I'm gonna havta start looking for one of those. That would make a great addition to my Weber.

I ain't got one, but now, for some reason, I think I need one...

James.

If you knew a farmer they prolly give you some. I been promis about 50 of them
some are deeper cut than other. Somebody told me you can but blank disk ( without the hole cut) I think I put horseshoe handles on some of the one i build.

You gonna try $40 for that Brian? I'm headed over to the MIL in Moscow (the ID one) later in the month, might try to bring disc back. Fire buddy of mine from TX panhandle came up to the station a couple years ago and he swears by cooking on them.

I got 3 shallow ones today they 21"D I be trying to get one finish tomorrow brother in law said he had 50 of them he took off an old disk.

Thanks. I have several old disk promise Going try to get one made before school out. P.S is it similiar to using a wok?

I think it is the same, just not as deep. Mine heats very evenly, I arrange the coals in the Weber with fewer in the center of the fire grate. Never really cooked on a true Wok so can't compare. I know that the Disc Wok is indestructible. :-D

i got this one last year for christmas,it's 22" round,and 1/4" thick.

Attachments

• smoker023.jpg
    smoker023.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 203
These disks are very versatile.......you will love it. Stirfrys, deep frying, discada, and yes........tripas. (pig intestines mod)

Try to contact a farm supply store and they can order one for pretty cheap, then all you need to do is weld some handles to it. Horse shoes make for some cool looking handles.

Back