• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Raiders UDS with 30 quart stainless bowl for a lid

My garage is worse. Bit of Raiders fan here too...beauty paint-job there. That lid had given me an idea or 2 about a project I have in mind - thank you.

The lid is not hinged at this time I might work on that later. I started with a closed top drum and cut out the top on the inside of the ring leaving about 3/8" of the original lid for the bowl to sit on. I had to do some massaging of the bowl to get it to fit inside the way I wanted it to, and also some grinding of the inner ring on the drum.

I just did a two inch hole in the center with an circle electrical outlet block off plate to use for shut down.

Looks great. Very nice build. I think I have built at least 7 UDS's. They are a fun project. I wish I could still be a Raider's fan. I was for so many years but they lost and lost and spent all their money on loser QB Jamarcus Russell and continued their hiring mistakes. Yawn, go Niners!

Thanks everybody, I am going to get it seasoned Tuesday afternoon, and make sure it works like the other two then get it ready for delivery to it's new owner. Might have to do a group photo before it leaves.

3m vinyl, used their pin stripe tape on one of my other ones and had that one to over 450° multiple times with no problems.

Back