8 hour rest?

khs282

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Well, my 9.5 lb butt cooked faster than anticipated and I am now looking at an 8 hour rest, foiled and wrapped in towels and in a cooler. Is that going to be too long?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

I've held 'em that long, and they were still too hot to pull. I think you'll be fine.

How long did the cook take?

Wrap it in foil or plastic/foil. Put it in the smallest cooler that it'll fit in...like a drink cooler. Then stuff said cooler full with towels. Close the lid & leave it...don't look...you want to keep the heat inside.

If you don't have a small cooler, but you do have a large cooler...after foiling, wrap the whole thing in a large towel. Then wrap that in a larger towel. Then into the cooler & fill as much of it with other towels as you can.

For an 8 hour rest you can't insulate enough...pack as many towels around that things as you can.

So again, how long did the cook take?

The cook itself only took just over 6 hours. It is on a small cooler, 4 layers of foil and a towel. Had to stuff her in the cooler, nice and snug.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Sounds like it's a done deal. Just be prepared for a lotta juice when you open the foil (learned this the hard way).

Back