Patio Smoker Question....

45fan

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
It has been awhile since I have posted here....nice to be back. The very short version is my wife and I were hit on our Harley and the last year and a half has been a blur. I have viewed some but we are just getting our lives back.

On to my question... We move last fall and after our wreck I gave my beloved UDS to my neighbor who had helped us a lot after our accident. I knew that at some point I was going to end up with a BGE anyway. We moved and I bought the cheapest gasser I could find until I could save some dollars and mess with the egg. Well the time has come. I have been shopping around but and a little concerned with my covered patio. The guy at Outdoor Home said a lot of Egg owners have discolored their covered patios smoking with Eggs? My UDS would have not done any damage here but I thought I would post a pic for the experts to get an opinion.

I would move the Egg more toward the edge of the patio where the Lowes Tomato Plant is now for grilling and smoking. Do you think I have a worry?

20150526_191254_zpszks5wwqq.jpg

Thanks so much for the advice and flame away at the Egg and the Tomato in a bucket! :) I can take it! LOL

I run a Pellet cooker, but I did run 4" duck from my exhaust, out the edge of my patio cover, and up 4 feet to a rain cap.

Perhaps this will spur an idea for you?

I have mine on an open deck and it does blow a fair amount of smoke out the top when it's heating up. Plus if you ever run it hot for pizza or searing steak, I don't think I would want a roof above that.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxBZRFbSaDU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxBZRFbSaDU[/ame]

Thanks Bobbq! That was my worry, I don't mind grilling or smoking in the weather I was just trying to avoid creating an area in the yard for a BGE. But, I think I knew that was the answer. Just trying to be lazy.

Thanks!

LOL! I think it might be easier and cheaper in the long run to make a nice area in the yard. Besides, we have made it this far. Divorce could be expensive....

Sorry to hear about your accident and glad to see you're up for some smoking. Great therapy for you and your wife.

Last edited:
Thanks Bob! We are really looking forward to getting back to normal. Watch for bikes on the road.... there are people on there....this guys phone call was more important than me and my wife. Almost cost my wife her leg. I wonder what he was talking about?

Looking forward to the Egg, a Saturday, and a beer! :grin:

Back