A Snake River Farms & Double R Ranch Kinda Night!

BobBrisket

Reaction score
Been saving two of the ribbies and the cowboy chop.............Got tired of saving em and having em stare at me when I opened up the freezer. Tonight they have a hot date with some Texas Oak and Mesquite coals. Also got some sweet taters and spaghetti squash going on.
Donnie's thread about Lawry's got me thinking about the simple, basic seasonings we start off with and then deviate from. Just gonna hit em with some Lawry's and some nice heat and oak/mesquite smoke.
SnakeRiverRibChop009_zpsc3ce474e.jpg

SnakeRiverRibChop011_zpsfc6184fb.jpg

This stuff is damn good MEAT!!
There's a BONE IN THROWDOWN going on, dontcha know!
SnakeRiverRibChop014_zpsd6f99d2d.jpg

More to come.

Last edited:
Y'all can all go to hell, I'm going to Texas :))

That looks Amazing sir!!!

Wait- I'm already in Texas, maybe a designated driver then???

'Bout time you cooked that fine beef!

Looking FW to seeing the cook...

I actually cooked it on end for a while indirectly just to get some color on the fat and to not get grill marks on it until I wanted em. This thing is a beast!! Tossed a couple more oak splits on to create a bit more smoke and flame.
SnakeRiverRibChop016_zps19df6ce5.jpg

I brought the ribbies in and let Mrs. Brisket get herself and the kids fed. Got a quick pic as I went back out to keep an eye on the SLAB! My son was soaking up the bloody goodness of his plate with every little piece of steak he ate!! I guess he's got that carnivore attitude! :becky: Mrs. Brisket killed a whole ribbie on her own. I used Lawry's seasoned salt on these. She noticed the difference from the Montreal.
SnakeRiverRibChop018_zps30a7a37f.jpg

I don't know, maybe it's the Texas thing.........but OAK is the best, hands down for steak and just for the smoke it creates. It has always been my favorite. Well, tied with pecan. But just a little ahead of pecan. But don't tell the pecan I said that. I can get pecan around here pretty easy.....good oak, not so much!:heh:
SnakeRiverRibChop019_zps0ad65b48.jpg

I picked a crease in the chop and hit it with the knife to give you all a cut shot. Came out pretty cool. Kinda like a BEEF FLAG! White, RED, WHITE, RED! Got a neat pic of the beef fat and beef. For the record, I did not eat the whole thang. I didn't want to toss all of the great sides, so hit those and about half the chop. The sweet taters were so good! I made 3 and had two! Squash was great and shrooms were spot on.
SnakeRiverRibChop022_zpse3f5b56f.jpg

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=201986

I always keep a bottle of Lawry's around cause we use it on fresh cucumbers and tomatoes with lime. It's good stuff. Donnie's thread reminded me of how it was pretty much the only stuff I had in the pantry many years ago before I got into other rubs, etc. My go to is Montreal. I could tell the difference this time too. The finer grind of the Lawry's made for a nice, even coat of flavor. It was especially nice on the fattier parts. It's salty note brought out the great beef flavor!

On another note, if you are thinking about sending someone a REALLY nice Christmas, Birthday, Divorce, or Whatever Gift..........send em a Cowboy Chop. My God, this thing had amazing flavor. Deep, rich, beef flavor and was so DANG tender. Snake River and Double R have some outstanding product!:eusa_clap

Bob

Y'all can all go to hell, I'm going to Texas :))

That looks Amazing sir!!!

Wait- I'm already in Texas, maybe a designated driver then???

"ya'll go to ..." Quote originally made by Davey Crockett

Back