250 propane tank build problem HELP!!

bradyw79

Reaction score
So I have a 250 gal tank I am in the process of building and I used feldons to get dimension for fire box but I have an issue the tank is 30 in diam and the box I built is 28.5 in cube so when I go to cut the smiley face chunk out of the end of tank I am not going to be able to butt up the box to the tank without there being gaps on the side. does anyone have a solution??

Can you just lower the fire box so as the radius of the tank comes around it will match up? You only need to gain 3/4" on each side. I would think it wouldn't take much and would still leave a large enough opening between the box and the tank for heat your draft to work.

Or move the box towards the end of the tank. The curve on the domed end of the tank should narrow even quicker than the radius of the tank.

Our 2nd gen Lang 84 is like that. They cut the part out for the firebox and put the 2 small peices back in to fill the holes. I notice it but it has never bothered me.

Just sq off the corners of the smiley face and add an 1/2 inch in height of said smiley face.

Last edited:
I agree with Hog Fan, just lower your fire box a little until it matches up, you won’t lose that much of an opening between the two, and it will look better. What I did to compensate this was I removed the bowl end on my fire box side and put a piece of ¼” plate there.

Back