***The Hanging and Spinning Meat Appreciation Thread***

Meat Hooks

Where can I buy good meat hooks? Nice and solid. If I'm correct they should be stainless.

Where can I buy good meat hooks? Nice and solid. If I'm correct they should be stainless.

I made a couple dozen out of regular steel rod and now worries, no corrosion. The heat and oil keep them good.

Ebi made some out of tent stakes he likes.

They are easy to make

They don't have to be stainless. You can order a set from PBC if you want theirs. I made most of mine from CRS ( cold rolled steel). Just bend in a vise or use a tubing bender if you have one. Or if wallymart has the .74 cent tent stakes, they are not stainless but already have a top bend. Those work great too. They might be coated CRS, just wipe with 50/50 vinegar/water after getting the dang stickers off. Simple bend again in a vise with hammer or piece of tubing.

Thanks, I'm ordering a PBC in a week or two but wanted to upgrade for my other smoker.

Sweet!....details?
I saw this concept from Stan the man earlier in the thread where he just notched out his drum to hold 3 rods. Of course I didn't want to notch out my nice Big Poppa drum though! :becky: Ebijack made me a hanging ring for my smaller jimmy smoker where the rods just lifted out of the ring and then shortly after I stumbled on some rings from a wine barrel and one fit my drum. Even if one didn't fit and was to big you can just drill out the bolts on the ring and downsize it.

Next was just using an angle grinder and making the notches and drilled holes around the perimeter for even exhaust for the meats...I figured that would even out hotspots which it seemed to have done. I only used it on one big cook and it did fantastic! It can fit probably 18 racks of ribs, a bunch of birds, turkeys, fish or whatever.

That ring thing is a great idea!
It could be used on any barrel/bullet type cooker, I bet.
Oh yea sure will. What I like is that the rebar just lifts out with the food and nice in case you need to ever add fuel. Just lift the center rod, refuel and set back into place.

bump for Roberts new roti ring for his mini!

Thanks! However... it's a 14.5 WSM.

PICT1248_zpsbpxk3emh.jpg

PICT1250_zpsao9fjp7n.jpg

I think it could be turned upside down & it would work on a mini.

Back