Cvap 4009 vs Cambro UPCH400

Reignman

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Hi All. I'd like some input from the fellow Brethren on these hot holders. I'm going to be vending roadside from a trailer this year and want to maintain the best possible product day in/day out.

Has anyone used the electric Cambro before? It has much smaller power draw than the Cvap but I get the sense that the cvap will provide a much more consistent environment.

Pricing for these are similar (I have a lead on a lightly used cvap compared to a new cambro) so what are the pros and cons of these units. What do you roadside trailer guys use/prefer?

Thanks!

I sell restaurant equipment and the best way to hold food is in a Alto-shaam holding cabinet. 120V and gentle heat. There is no fan to dry food out. I can't speak to either of these models, although my understanding of the CVAP is that it does have humidity control. My 2 cents.

I would get the CVAP. IMO it will recover faster than the Cambro. I do think you are comparing two different units, but if these are your choices the CVAP is what I would buy.

I run 2 4009s in my trailer. I wouldn't consider replacing them with with anything else. I can hold sausage, ribs, cornbread in one; and brisket, butts, and turkey in another in a higher moisture environment.
IMG_0240_zps8ru2jps1.jpg

Thanks Evie. Your setup looks awesome! I'd like to know a bit more of how you laid your trailer out.

Back