What happened to BBQ Central ??

Rag

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Reaction score
I have been gone from the BBQ world for a few years.
Found that BBQ Central looks like a ghost town. What happened?
This site, however, looks pretty robust.
I used to compete as Habanero Hog with a Meadow Creek, which since, has been sold.
Cooking on a WSM isn't the same.:shocked:

Greg Rempe (Host of the BBQ Central Radio Show) sold the forum off a while ago. He still does his radio show every week though.

Rag, it's not just BBQ Central. National BBQ News makes BBQ Central look busy. Texas BBQ Rub is very slow and so is The Smoke Ring.

Rag, it's not just BBQ Central. National BBQ News makes BBQ Central look busy. Texas BBQ Rub is very slow and so is The Smoke Ring.

Thank is surprising to me. Public burnout?

Well thank the good Lord for the brethren than.

I've tried to get into a few other bbq boards but they never feel right. Most are divided into so many sub forums. I don't see the need for separate bbq, grill forum let alone separating pork from beef. Yes this one is fast paced with topics moving off the first page within a day sometimes but it's still easy enough to find them. I think the longevity and consistency may have to do with this is a forum first, not a cooking site or radio show with a forum attached. Either way thanks Phil and the mod team (as well as the founding members) for starting the brethren and keeping it number one.

Back