• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Dill Pickles and Pickled Jalapeños

Andy W.

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I had some fun last weekend and went to the farmer's market. I was in the mood to put together a batch of fresh dill pickles and some pickled jalapeños. Here's the video of how I do it....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZ9nvRcgNyM&feature=player_detailpage

If you haven't tried canning your own, you really should. These are much better than store bought.

Thanks for the info. I just canned 3 pints of pickled jalapenos. My first try. I have 4 jalapeno plants and I am getting plenty of peppers. I am letting them sit for a month before I try them. If they turn out good, I will pickle the rest and have enough to last all winter!
I would like to try pickles too.

nice job on the video, thanks

Do you slit or pierce the peppers before canning?

Last edited:
nice job on the video, thanks

Do you slit or pierce the peppers before canning?

I've done whole peppers where I poke them on the side with the point of a sharp knife, and I've also done them without any pokes or slits. I liked them both ways. The one's without the slits still seemed to absorb some brine inside the pepper, providing I let them sit on the shelf for 3 to 4 weeks. If I was just doing refrigerator pickling without the hot water bath, I would only do sliced since shelf life in the refrigerator is only a couple of months.

Back