Hanging a weber kettle

bstomper

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I am going to build a grilling table to fit a weber kettle and was wondering how everyone supports the kettle in the tables they build. I am not real keen on drilling holes in my new weber and was hoping for a more kettle freindly instal.

Three straightened S-hooks slide up under the rim
Kettleholder_zpse7d3cf56.jpg

L-brackets, like you use in furniture construction, also work.
4%20hole%20rnd%20L%20bracket.gif

Took a pic.
kettle%20holder_zpsw1wtsaua.jpg

Last edited:
I looked at this for a while. I ultimately decided to go a different route and made a nesting side table:

picture.php

picture.php

Why not just leave the legs on and set it onto the low bottom shelf? The performer I have set up a lot higher than the OTS I had, more comfortable using.

If you flip these over so the tip goes under the lip, they also work. I've used all the suggestions I've posted at some time.
BPFTNGC00002_28_TN_001.jpg

Why not just leave the legs on and set it onto the low bottom shelf? The performer I have set up a lot higher than the OTS I had, more comfortable using.

Thats a good idea. Can't believe that I never thought of that one myself. then it could be removed if i want to use it else where.

Just drill the holes that you need - buy a sharp set of cobalt bits, put masking tape where you plan to drill and if enamel chips then paint the exposed steel. You're going to need to zip a hole now and then if you want to take on mods.

I've been wanting to make a table for my original kettle too, and while I initially thought about just leaving the legs on I quickly dismissed the idea thinking it would make it too high. Your post made me reconsider that thought, and as I thought about using the Weber last night I actually think it would be nice to have it setting a bit higher than it currently stands. Sometimes the easiest and most obvious solution truly is the best... Thanks for pointing out the obvious to me!

I've been wanting to make a table for my original kettle too, and while I initially thought about just leaving the legs on I quickly dismissed the idea thinking it would make it too high. Your post made me reconsider that thought, and as I thought about using the Weber last night I actually think it would be nice to have it setting a bit higher than it currently stands. Sometimes the easiest and most obvious solution truly is the best... Thanks for pointing out the obvious to me!

The top of the bowl on my performer is 33-1/2" from the deck.

Weber%20cart_zpsweenyiid.jpg

Back