Lowe's OK Joe Bandera

jermoQ

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I drooled a little bit when I walked into Lowe's and caught a glimpse of a brand new item in Lowe's a while ago. After I wiped the drool off of myself, I looked it over. Not the most air tight rig at all but my use for it wood be wood burning. The metal seemed a tad thinner than the horizontal OK Joe setting close by. Anyone broke out the $399 to get one yet? If I went for it it would replace my bending over to the ground stick burner that is thicker metal for sure, so I have my reservations. I do like the space that it gives inside with the option to hang a big piece of meat/ big bird from the top also.

I recently joined an OKJ group on facebook...was wanting to see if there were any reviews on the new RF Longhorn. I saw a guy with a Bandera posting his cook...smoke coming from everywhere except maybe the stack...was hard to tell. lol
I struck up a conversation with him and he mentioned that it was his first cook and he was gonna mod it. Today, he told me that he had added gasket and it made it difficult to close the cook chamber door. He tried to coax it closed and screwed it up...they are honoring the warranty and sending him a new door and latch.

I, for one, would likely pass on that one.

I have heard that a lot of people like the old Banduras or it's predecessor the virtical roasting oven and smoker. Check CL the old ones sell from $50 to $300 I am working on a virtical roaster I got for $50 I am cleaning it up now and will do some repairs as the weather allows. Hope to figure out how to weld and repair it. It has rust in the fire box lid and the air intake I would love to see a Bandura in person my Lowe's doesn't have one I want to see how close to mine it is. Mine is 19 to 30 years old. I may need to find that Facebook page.

Back