I did it... I did it....finally got me a cooker!!!!!

TuscaloosaQ

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
The driving force behind this one was I have cooked hams for the last several years and give out to random people.... My buddy's cooker that I use just sold ( he's ordered a whopper)... So Tyler talked me into building this one he has one like it but smaller.... I finished it yesterday at 1:00pm and at 2:00 pm I was cooking hams... It had not been sandblasted or painted because I am going to add a fold down stainless shelf.... Fenders.... And a fold down burner....1 man can easily flip it up... And one can rock it over and lay it down.. Although it is easier when you lay it down to have 1 person give a push for the initial tilt.. It is mobile and you can run the roads with it.. 5 ft tall.. 30
Wide.. 27 deep... It performed flawlessly.... I love it.... There will be a couple little things to do... But seriously I just loved the way it cooked.. I put 200#s of hams on it.... And could have put 50 more... There was not a hot spot as far as I could tell.. I don't us those funny looking digital things.... When I finish it.. I will add a video... And a better description of how it works....

The hams at this point I'm feverishly trying to finish it enough to cook on

Sharon was prepping the hams while I was trying to get the sucker ready

Hams looking great before a 1.5hr spell in the smoker wrapped...

I will say this... Several people called and said they were spectacular.... Even I thought they were great... And I'm my worst critic.... Cooker performerd better than I could ask... Very very happy with it.. Small footprint.. Holds tons. Of meat..

Hoss if you are out there.... Here is a sneak peep.. Tyler has you well on the way....

Merry Christmas.....

:clap2: That thing Would Sell. I've always said I'd like just the Firebox and Warmer when I see a Shirley pic.

You're gonna love your Shirley. And they are such great folks to deal with. Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Paul you burning splits or using a charcoal basket with wood chunks?

You going to throw a big old

images

on there?

Sign me up for one, and it is a wonderful thing you do giving out the hams each year, Merry christmas and Happy New Year to you and your Family.

Back