Sitting in line at Franklin bbq

Kaptain Kadian

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Got here at 8 and there was already 50 people or so in line. Came by and told us it was around 12:30 eat time. Got 2 lbs of lean brisket, 1/4 lbs of fatty brisket 2 ribs and 2 sausage links. I have high expectations. Will post pictures as I get the food. Doing a little bbq trip. Probably going to Lockhart tomorrow.

My wife asked if he was going to be here, and they said they were not sure. I am going to go take a tour of the pits.

:mrgreen: Green with jealousy. Looking forward to the pics!

Looking forward to the Pictures , Enjoy !

While you are making the tour Kent Black (related to blacks in Lockhart) has a newish place in San Marcos that I found to be better than the Lockhart establishments. I haven't had franklins but I grew up in that area, worked for a few BBQ joints and even worked in Lockhart (not at the Q places but I ate at each one often) for a few years so I have a long standing central Texas BBQ history. The salt lick is also fun, but their Q is not as good as the others, but it's still pretty darn good.

Don't eat the 1/4 pound of point all at once....

Glad to see you pacing yourself though on a trip like that.

If you're still around on Saturday I'd try to make a trip to Snow's out in Lexington. They're only open Saturday morning's and you need to see Tootsie before she retires or something. Then on the way back to I35 you should stop at Louie Mueller's in Taylor.

Don't waste your time at the Salt Lick. They don't cook the meats on that round pit out front, that's all for show. It's an okay place to hang out and have a beer but don't expect BBQ greatness from it.

That's cool! Seems like you made out ok. Definitely post some food pron!

Back