Stuck on an island: Pick your cooker

There is NO volcano! ...contrary to an earlier post. lol There's only rivers, streams, plenty of tasty wild animals and a few jungle women. :biggrin1:

Only jungle women means no men. Which means the jungle women killed and ate them. Which means they have their own cooker and don't need yours. You're dead on day 1. So, I'd take a pretty cheap one.

Been there,,done that,,got the pix to prove it.

1982,,Labrador,,bears got to my bike ,,destroyed everything i had,..

with a zippo i survived four days cooking fish over open fire ring..

so for me it would be a zippo,hatchet,knife and i will be ok.

that was a 21 day trip though NB canada,nova scotia,Newfoundland and Labrador,Quebec and home,,cooking all meals over a made up fire pit...

large_664_84b24.jpg

"for the foodies, Serene offers a wood fire pizza oven and a Teppenyaki grill."
https://yachtharbour.com/news/the-133m-serene-sold-for-€350-million-664

Can I pick the cooker that's attatched to this simple vessel?

Dangit dads you're making think about how much I want that yacht! :tsk: I'll get there...one of these days!

I'll stick with my FEC100. The Professor would have rigged up some sort of generator that Gilligan will pedal all day. The Howell's carry pellets with them everywhere they go. Meanwhile me & Mary Ann will lounge around and drink cocktails with the alcohol the previously mentioned Professor has created.

Since my first 10 years of life were spent on a few small pacific islands your only real choice are rocks of some sort. Most fish were cooked right on the coals when no modern appliance such as a grate or pot was available. And I would prefer that I was given a machete.

Dangit dads you're making think about how much I want that yacht! :tsk: I'll get there...one of these days!
Nobody else is concerned about how to get their cooker to the island.

As long as I'm on an island that has pimento wood (Jamaica) and chickens and Scotch Bonnets, I'll take a brick pit with a grate on top. I could eat Jerk Chicken with beans and rice for the rest of my days, no problem!

I'd be worried about what kind of firewood I had.And what kind of smoke flavor it gave me.But a nice size pot and piece of expanded metal would be nice.

I'll be taking my baby here.....she would do well. Plus...when i get friendly with all the natives, we can have a huge party and feed everyone....:mrgreen::mrgreen:

Last edited:
large_664_84b24.jpg

I'm thinking I've probably just sheared a pin, and there are lots of shiny bits to signal passing planes if I do run down the battery.
It does have a wood fired pizza oven.

The cooker I would choose would be Cowgirl. From what I've seen she could take a pile of sand, a palm frond and a cup of seawater and make it taste good.

She's the best cooker around!

Back