Two rib cooks in the LSG offset-In the main chamber and warmer using charcoal

ssv3

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
These were two rib cooks done in my LSG vertical offset. I usually burn sticks as it's a stick burner but a lot of people are curious about using charcoal in the LSG offset. So I snapped some pics along the way using the charcoal basket and charcoal.

First cook was in the main chamber using the LSG charcoal basket. I used an 18lb bag of Kingsford Professional Briqs. I tossed in just one stick at the end and I got about 5 1/2 hours burn at 225 to 250

Here's the pit

iNgMGBgh.jpg

I hung the ribs in the main chamber since I have hooks in there

yCRqjJMh.jpg

cWygr1zh.jpg

Love this stuff

CVdnzoah.jpg

LZ6fCPPh.jpg

yB2yQrEh.jpg

tU7tHJzh.jpg

BB's, sausage, smoked ground beef kabobs and baked potatoes that baked in the oven while the meat was smoking

ZjW0Cbih.jpg

isYxYe8h.jpg

eYw0Ak9h.jpg

Washed it down with this :thumb:

YjApJLsh.jpg

Second cook was some time later in warmer. Warmer is right above the FB so I removed the deflector plate, loaded my PBC basket (about 8lbs) with Kingsford Professional again and let her rip

doJsCydh.jpg

Hung some spares and rib tips on this cook

9Yblxp2h.jpg

GitjmqHh.jpg

EF6PDsch.jpg

Just a tiny crack on the intake

fVZnDDUh.jpg

Warmer exhausts cracked halfway

pVQvWlXh.jpg

Main chamber exhaust shut to redirect flow through the warmer pinwheel exhausts

wvSHZM3h.jpg

Cruising at 300ish

DjijN9hh.jpg

Hk3kfiMh.jpg

NFRBms8h.jpg

Painless and delicious. Thanks for looking!

Wow. Looks delicious. the lsg can pump out some good grub.:eusa_clap

Thanks Daddio! Yea, I ended up going with LSG. Peoria Custom wouldn't clear the side of house. Worked out very well though. It's an awesome pit and extremely happy with the purchase.

Great looking ribbers there Sako. Have you tried cooking the baked potatoes in the smoker? If not you should give it a try. I rub mine down with olive oil. Give them some kosher salt and wrap in foil. The best ones I ever made were cooked in my LSG cabinet for nearly 4 hours at 250.

The food looks great. What kind of tree is that? Just curious.

Nice cooks! Did you get a better smoke ring with direct heat in the warner vs the main chamber?

Looks fantastic. I have yet to use my sausage hangers on my LSG vertical offset like you did for your ribs. But I am going to now!

Great post.

Wow Sako you're killing it!! Ribbies look awesome and what kinda sausage is that?

Bones look good Sako, I've never tried hanging Ribs but I think I'm going to give it a try. If you like mixing the Blues Hog, I'd also recommend trying Swamps Boys Origional, if you've never tried it before.

Great looking ribbers there Sako. Have you tried cooking the baked potatoes in the smoker? If not you should give it a try. I rub mine down with olive oil. Give them some kosher salt and wrap in foil. The best ones I ever made were cooked in my LSG cabinet for nearly 4 hours at 250.

Thanks John! I've smoked potatoes before and agree they're good. Sometimes I'll even have potatoes underneath ribs or a butt with all the fast dripping down on them. Good stuff. :thumb:

It's been a while though.

Would love to know this to and in general which results you liked best. Great cook.

Both were good but if I had to choose, I'd say the main chamber that smoked indirect. Naturally all wood/sticks for fuel kicks up a notch or two or three.

Back