Joining the Shirley Family

doubt3

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Heading to Tuscaloosa tomorrow to pick up my new patio model Shirley. It's a 24x42 with a 2 shelf warmer. Nothing too fancy but much better than my OKJ.

download_20160721_172131_zps0zc955c1.jpg

download_20160721_172141_zpsiuh9oipc.jpg

Awesome! That shelf on the warmer is nice. I use mine all the time. What are you cooking on it first?

Have fun trying to sleep tonight. LOL

Congrats !

After the 6 month wait, 1 more night shouldn't kill me. It was actually ready to pick up last weekend but I already had plans to take the wife and daughters to the beach and they wouldn't let me push the trip back.

Sweet Rig!

I envy the fun and enjoyable shenanigans you'll have with that gal.

that looks like the perfect size backyard cooker. nice of you to put the family first knowing the shirley was waiting on you.

Awesome! That shelf on the warmer is nice. I use mine all the time. What are you cooking on it first?

I think it was your post that gave me the idea for that shelf. Not sure what I'm cooking first. I have 3 prime briskets in the freezer from my last trip to Houston, but we are expecting afternoon rain on Sunday, so I will try to season her up and cook something with a shorter time requirement. At least a fatty and some ABTs.

Great looking pit. Leave now and you could be back tonight to season. You won't be able to sleep tonight anyway.

Hey, what size are those swivel caster wheels? I'm looking at different solutions to my vertical offset because the 10 Inch caster wheels are bent all out of whack! I need to evaluate my movement of the cooker. I have to wheel it in and out of the garage every time I cook on it.

That's a great looking pit!

I think it was your post that gave me the idea for that shelf. Not sure what I'm cooking first. I have 3 prime briskets in the freezer from my last trip to Houston, but we are expecting afternoon rain on Sunday, so I will try to season her up and cook something with a shorter time requirement. At least a fatty and some ABTs.

Good stuff. Even just seasoning it is so much fun :mrgreen:.

Hey, what size are those swivel caster wheels? I'm looking at different solutions to my vertical offset because the 10 Inch caster wheels are bent all out of whack! I need to evaluate my movement of the cooker. I have to wheel it in and out of the garage every time I cook on it.

That's a great looking pit!

I'll have to ask Tyler about the size of the casters (size is not listed on spec sheet) but for reference the trailer tires are 8 inch.

Back