First brisket, LIVE COOK! Pron heavy!

People at your house eating your food will always sugar coat their opinions about the food. The truest and best indicators of the food being good are;
Did you see any food left on their plates?
Did folks go back for seconds or even thirds?

That said from where I'm sitting your first brisket looks as good or better than many that I have seen posted from the "pros". It dang sure looks better than any that I have done. Great job!

This here is what I do also with family. You know they will sugar coat it to some degree. I always look around to see how much they are eating.

I forgot to mention also, I'm barely hungry to eat anything after a long cook. One party I didn't eat anything expect to taste. After everybody left just had some kind of pizza rolls. There was even a thread about it on here awhile back.

Thanks for posting your cook Bjarolim! If it wasn't perfect it looks like it was darned close, but the clock was ticking. Seems running out of time was your only issue.

It's funny how many are saying they aren't hungry after a cook. I remember my sister telling me that once, and now I'm the same way too. After cooking something for hours I end up with next to no appetite and end up having very little of it, and I'm not snacking either. Although could be all the beer in my belly........:tsk:

This here is what I do also with family. You know they will sugar coat it to some degree. I always look around to see how much they are eating.

I forgot to mention also, I'm barely hungry to eat anything after a long cook. One party I didn't eat anything expect to taste. After everybody left just had some kind of pizza rolls. There was even a thread about it on here awhile back.

Ya i did notice a few go back for seconds, wasn't a very big gathering 10 of us. Some people were more excited about the mass produced box deserts more than anything, which didn't bother me, hell the only thing I really scarfed last night was a cherry cheesecake cupcake. I only just tasted things just to taste.

Thanks for posting your cook Bjarolim! If it wasn't perfect it looks like it was darned close, but the clock was ticking. Seems running out of time was your only issue.

It's funny how many are saying they aren't hungry after a cook. I remember my sister telling me that once, and now I'm the same way too. After cooking something for hours I end up with next to no appetite and end up having very little of it, and I'm not snacking either. Although could be all the beer in my belly........:tsk:

Yup, seems to be common ground, my dad even said last night that whenever he did briskets and pigs in 4th of July for our large family gathering some 20 years ago that he was the same way. I can pound some food down food too. I'm known on both sides of my family as the human garbage disposal. I don't look at all like it(thanks to a overly high metabolism), but probably a mix of running a garage sale and cooking all day in 97°+ weather with 100% humidity, also probably had some effect to it as well.

I will say I may have lined out some potential customers smoking a brisket and doing a garage sale at the same time tho. There were about 10+ people that walked away disappointed I wasn't selling the smoker. Made me feel pretty good tho!

Back