• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

How I light up my Offset Smoker

So Easy a Caveman could do it - as long as he don't catch his Hairy arms on fire.......

That's all well and good... if you don't mind paying $14-$16/gal for lighter fluid.
Around here Kingsford fluid is $4 qt.
Not for me. Too many other ways to start charcoal, but Thanks anyway.

I use my 50,000 btu propane weed burner, pre warm the chamber with it as well.

Full clean fire and hot box in about 15 min.

I knew if I hung around here I'd learn new things from the pro's. I have been doing it all wrong. Next time I boil some ribs to smoke on my smokey Joe I am going to try lighter fluid. I bet I can have them done in under 2 hours.

I knew if I hung around here I'd learn new things from the pro's. I have been doing it all wrong. Next time I boil some ribs to smoke on my smokey Joe I am going to try lighter fluid. I bet I can have them done in under 2 hours.

Haha, Don't forget to throw the boiled ribs on the gasser or something to make it seem like it was BBQ'ed. I remember long time ago people told me to boil ribs til they were getting done then throw them on the gasser. LOL

I have always found that if I squirt a little of that hickory scented lighter fluid directly on the ribs, it gives that nice barkwe always talk about...

Tried the lighter fluid last night. Man you can really get a good flame going. Looks really good in the dark too. Man it was fun!

Anyone know how long it will take to grow my eye brows back??

Yup, I fire up BoomShuckaLucka and LadyKickAzz the same way. How I fired up BoomShuckaLucka for the N Texas Bash 10 Days ago- KBB n Lighter fluid :shock: ....... none of them said the Meatloaf n Ribs tasted like lighter fluid or Nasty Chemical Charcoal....... maybe they were just trying to be Nice......... :twitch:

Maybe they cut you a lot of slack because you are you? Setting off coals with lighterfluid has lost it's appeal with most- but it reminds me of good times gone by. /spray, spray some more, /shick, /WHUMPHHH! "don't worry- those brows should grow back"

Hey - if it works- don't let the nay sayers keep you down.

I've used fluid also.. Nothing wrong with that.. As long as you burn the fluid off completely (coals completely ashed over) before you start cooking.. while it is not my preferred method. If I don't have a chimney or my torch fluid is a viable way to get going. also have used cooking oil on a paper towel placed under coals it takes longer.. but accomplishes the same feat

I used one of those $20 heat guns and small kindling to start the fire, when I had my offset.
Bought the heat gun for doing a project on a golf cart and "had an idea" one day....

Back