• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Stuffed smoked Pork loin

Big slick

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I did this recipe a few weeks ago and it was awesome. I got inspired from a member on here. I'm sorry I forgot who it was but I'm sure the owner will recognize the ingredients and chime in.

So I started with a 5lb pork loin and began cutting it an inch thick slowly unrolling the pork loin as I was cutting it. What you should end up with is a nice pork place mat. I seasoned it with salt, pepper and a little garlic powder. I then sent it back to the fridge to stay chilled and marinate a little.

Next I started my stuffing. This started with baking fresh cornbread in an 8x8 pan and letting cool on the side. You could also make it the day before or use leftover cornbread. I made one package worth. Next in a skillet I melted butter and sautéd onions and celery till they were nice and soft and I seasoned them with salt and pepper. Next I took dried cranberries and dried dates and coarsely chopped them up. I added them to the onions and celery and cooked them till soft. Then I added some chicken stock and let the mixture reduce for about a half hour over med heat. I then removed it from the heat and began crumbling my cornbread into the sauce pan. Once all of the cornbread was added I folded all of my ingredients together.

Next I took my pork and smeared it with the stuffing making sure to spread the stuffing evenly over the pork. From here I started at one end and as nicely as I could rolled the pork back up. Next I took a lb of bacon and laid it out to make a blanket of bacon(I had to slightly stretch the bacon). I set the pork loin in the middle of the blanket and wrapped the bacon over it overlapping the ends. I then coated it with Simply Marvelous's Pecan Rub and let it sit in the fridge for 2 hours.

a6898f64-8c7b-a7aa.jpg

I fired up the WSM and dialed it in at 225 and smoked this for about 4 hours till I got an internal temp of 145. I then pulled it and wrapped it in foil and let it sit for another hour.

Slicing was a breaze and visually this was the most beautiful dish I have ever created. The flavors were outstanding although I did over do it with the SM Pecan rub. I highly recommend this recipe to you guys. It's a great family get together meal. I plan to make one again this fall/winter.

The finished product.
a6898f64-8d9c-fb5f.jpg

Yes, a lot of love did go into making this meal. I appreciate all of the kind words.

By the way the pork was very tender and juicy and the bacon crisped up nicely.

Back