TripAdvisor's picks America's best BBQ

Has it been a year since we had this discussion? Congats to those who were selected.
Now let The BBQ Brehtren unleash the hounds of hell on Trip Advisor.

SO BOGUS. Joe's is good, don't get me wrong, but number one in the country? Being from Texas, I honestly thought the chicken was on par with Rudy's, and the pork, while truly a delicious piece of meat, texturally off. Like they were using picnic for pulled or something. And Franklin's at 9?! NINE?!?!

Bogus.

I enjoyed the comments below the article. Glad to see people are really passionate about their favorite bbq joint.

California number 8?? Now that's a laugh. I like to know if anyone can give me even one joint in CA that is worthy of consideration for this list.

I'll have to somewhat agree with this remark from the link.

The chief flaw in a Trip Advisor list is that it primarily comprises reviews from vacation/business destinations. The 'nation's best hamburger' is more likely to be found in New York City than Cairo, Georgia, or Miami Beach than Kingman, Arizona.

While interesting and somewhat informative, this list is by no means an accurate representation of America's best BBQ.

The list is based on reviews left on Trip Advisor.

I never leave reviews or ratings on places I visit. Guess I should. :laugh:

To be honest, I have only visited 3 of these places. Joe's KC was deserving of high marks. Franklin's is also worthy of being on the list. But Pappy's? I was there last month on the way to pick up my Shirley, and I was not impressed. Everything tasted off. The ribs, brisket and pork (sliced) tasted as if it was dredged in cinnamon. The sausage was horrible. They did have some awesome beans though. Just my $.02.:loco:

To be honest, I have only visited 3 of these places. Joe's KC was deserving of high marks. Franklin's is also worthy of being on the list. But Pappy's? I was there last month on the way to pick up my Shirley, and I was not impressed. Everything tasted off. The ribs, brisket and pork (sliced) tasted as if it was dredged in cinnamon. The sausage was horrible. They did have some awesome beans though. Just my $.02.:loco:

Must have been an off day, Pappy's was very good when I went (about 2 years ago).

never heard of Andy Nelson's bbq. i usually go to baltimore once a year, i'll have to check it out next time i'm down there

I haven't eaten at any of those places, so I can't say for sure one way or the other.

I will say, there are plenty of good cooks in California, and from time to time, you will run across a great BBQ place. Lots of folks who have eaten all over call out Big Mista's. And many of my local friends who have eaten around the country call out Phat Matt's and Beavercreek, so there must be some merit there.

America's Best BBQ? - CNN Opened up a Can...

... of Whupass on this one!

TripAdvisor's picks: America's best BBQ

Seriously... there's not a single barbecue restaurant mentioned from either North Carolina or South Carolina! Are they high!? :wacko::mod::blah:

I'm not trying to stir up a $h!t storm, but I'm afraid that's what'll happen... :boxing:

*cough* - "Honeymonks" in Lexington, NC - *cough* (Sorry... I grew up on Melton's BBQ in Rocky Mount, NC... but the Tar River claimed them one too many times... and I became a Lexington believer...)

I await all the other NC/SC rebuttals.... so many damned good barbecue spots missed and not mentioned... and some folks who are serious about 'cue!

Back