Potatoe salad?

Thanks kathy. I'll definitely try that, hope tomorrow.

And by try I mean suggest it to becky, she makes the sides round these parts.

Hey, fellow potato salad lovers!

Was at a potluck last night, my friend made THE MOST AMAZING POTATO SALAD!! Was simply done with Hellmans and onion but….. SHE BOILED THE POTATOES WITH THREE OR FOUR GLUGS FROM THE VINEGAR BOTTLE. We figured glug, glug, glug, glug would equal something like ⅓ to ½ a cup of vinegar. Unbelievable what that does to the potato salad, the flavour is not just coating the salad, it's in the middle of the salad.

Had to share this breaking potato salad news with all y'all!

I forgot about that.....that's a grandma trick.......:eusa_clap

Potato salad season is back in full effect. Lately Becky has been making creamy redskin tater salad. Its a whole different ball game. Ill see if i can pry the recipe from her.

If I am going to be bbqin for a group I don't have time for makin tater salad.
I will go to a local store and buy the Amish mustard brand in quart containers.
I then spoon out the goods into a bigger bowl and add celery seed. That is what my grandma taught me.
Best if done the day or 2 before eating. Refill containers and hold in the fridge until we are serving with the doctored salad.
People really love it.

Last edited:
Indeed the season is here, and I will be making my first batch this weekend. Time for a big cookout!

Yukon Golds, Blue Plate Mayo, A little squirt of yellow mustard, Salt & Pepper to taste, a little roasted garlic, pickle relish. Serve chilled, with crumbled bacon, and some shreded cheese on top. My wife uses Goat Cheese on hers.

LOL. I had to go back and find this thread after posting my most current tater salad pic. Pretty much have stayed true to my preferences. Some, I now don't quite feel as passionate about anymore. LMAO!!

Good read and lots of great info. Some old timers in this thread. Me included. HAHAA

Bob

Spoon. Anything with a spoon if I can. I hate the sound of a fork on a plate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My favorite potato salad is simple. Thin sliced potatoes, thin sliced white onion, chopped flat leaf parsley, olive oil and sea salt. You could try to eat it with a spoon but a fork is much easier.

Back