• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

I'm way to nice.

IamJHam

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
So I have a buddy who lives in Jacksonville FL, and he has been looking for a charcoal grill. Weber kettle to be exact, he didn't want to buy one because his wife wouldn't approve of a new cooking venture. So I says to the guy "I'll be on the lookout".

Not 3-4 months later I see a late 2000s Weber kettle on Craigslist. I couldn't tell if it was a 17 or a 22. Awesome condition, not missing anything, a little rust on the grates. It was 10$! I couldn't tell my buddy about it, I needed it for myself at that price.

Then my buddy tells me a day or so later, before I went to get MY new grill, that he's making the trip up and he's going to stay the weekend with me. now I had to tell him about it. I had to give him MY new grill. he was ecstatic, I was disappointed.

We go to pick the thing up, its the 22in. great condition. 10 bucks :sad:

Probably the nicest thing I've ever done.

Haha, there's a sucker born every minute!!

Just kidding, that was very nice of you. Keep looking. I got great deals on my kettles from CL

Hey man....what comes around goes around. You did a good thing.
Plus....boyz help each other out whenever possible.....

Quick story....One of my buddies who was a cop called me a couple days after Hurricane Sandy. He saw a basically brand new kettle left at the curb with other "trash". He was on duty so he couldn't take it...he could have let it sit there until his shift was over but he didn't...guess who he called? 10 mins later I had a killer Kettle....and cooked some good BBQ for him in return. You hooked your boy up in much the same way.....

I bet you end up with a better one now. Planted the seed. If on good soil it will flourish:wink:

I picked up a 22", while on duty, for free. I was working a transfer ambulance (not 911, just taking grandma to and from appointments). It fit perfectly in the side doors. Ended up giving it to my supervisor, after some TLC. Now my dad has expressed interest in getting a kettle. Not sure if I'm giving him one of mine, or getting him a color other than black.

Matt

That's what being friends is all about.

That was very cool.. planting the seed is right.

BTW.. can you be "on the lookout" for a Jambo pit for me? :becky:

That was very cool.. planting the seed is right.

BTW.. can you be "on the lookout" for a Jambo pit for me? :becky:

hahaha, sure thing. And if you happen to see a 36inch blackstone sitting around, let me know. :grin:

Back