Lets talk trailers with porches

tduffy

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I'm starting to look for an enclosed trailer with a porch area for competition and catering. Just wondering if those of you who have them would mind sharing pics of them and where you got them and the price range?

Scott Smith of Southern Q Smokers & Trailers (southernqsmokers.com) specializes in equipment for competition BBQ. You can pretty much spend as much as you like on a porch trailer, as each is custom built to your specs. For a comp trailer, you can do as you like, but if you intend to do catering or vending your health department will control what you put into the trailer.

If you're going that route, best to check with the HD first, because it's a lot easier to build it right from scratch than it is to retrofit an existing trailer to meet the many (and sometimes ridiculous) requirements of the government regulators.

Scott Smith of Southern Q Smokers & Trailers (southernqsmokers.com) specializes in equipment for competition BBQ. You can pretty much spend as much as you like on a porch trailer, as each is custom built to your specs. For a comp trailer, you can do as you like, but if you intend to do catering or vending your health department will control what you put into the trailer.

If you're going that route, best to check with the HD first, because it's a lot easier to build it right from scratch than it is to retrofit an existing trailer to meet the many (and sometimes ridiculous) requirements of the government regulators.
Yep, I have the requirements from our Dept. of health and will be making sure any trailer i purchase meets the requirements.

any other ones i should look into? Ive heard horror stories from some people about extreme bbq trailers and people paying and never receiving.

In for the info. Still trying to decide if the porch is worth the extra money over a standard enclosed.

I will tell you mine was just over $30K. But it was longer than normal with a bunch of custom stuff.

In for the info. Still trying to decide if the porch is worth the extra money over a standard enclosed.
i have a standard enclosed now but am getting tired of the work of loading and unloading smokers and setting everything else up. the porch option might be expensive but I'm starting to think it's worth it as I can expand into full catering and have 1/10th of the work of setup at a contest.

Freedom trailers are cheap and yoy get what you pay for. I own a 20' and looking to get a bigger one.

I sent them my request, twice, and never got a reply back from them.

Freedom is a manufacturer - they don't sell direct. My guess is they sent your request to the closest local dealer and that dealer dropped the ball.

That's the advantage I see of dealing with Southern Q - Scott deals with the factory and handles any special work like mounting smokers at his shop. Better prices than what you find from the ebay sellers of Freedom too.

Back