The Weber Smokey Mountain Appreciation Thread

Golly Gee there are some fine cookers on this thread. I love my WSM and the mini that a whole bunch of us made. Then Weber got smart and copied the idea.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

I got mine a year ago and have not looked back. Easy to use, weber quality and makes great food...

Have been enjoying rotisserie cooking on the 14.5.

PICT3089_zpsw6af27pk.jpg

PICT3587_zps0pbv07kz.jpg

PICT3592_zpsqxyyecck.jpg

PICT1442_zpsrndk7bjm.jpg

PICT1459_zpsx5hq06mp.jpg

PICT1466_zps4rsvdjw4.jpg

My wife and I downsized to a new (for us) home about a year ago today. I have noticed since day one that our next-door neighbor has a covered WSM that I have never seen her use. I have a PBC, but thought I might offer to buy the WSM for extra space and for experimentation. What do you think would be a fair price? It looks to be an 18 inch model.

Thanks!

My wife and I downsized to a new (for us) home about a year ago today. I have noticed since day one that our next-door neighbor has a covered WSM that I have never seen her use. I have a PBC, but thought I might offer to buy the WSM for extra space and for experimentation. What do you think would be a fair price? It looks to be an 18 inch model.

Thanks!
If it is well taken care of I'd offer $175 and consider paying up to $200. If it looks like it has't been loved I'd offer no more than $150 maybe less depending on the condition.

If it is well taken care of I'd offer $175 and consider paying up to $200. If it looks like it has't been loved I'd offer no more than $150 maybe less depending on the condition.

I actually ran into my neighbor this evening while walking the dog. I asked her about the WSM and she said it is her sister's smoker and she confirmed it is rarely used. I told her I might be interested in purchasing it if her sister is up for it. Will let you know what happens. Thanks for your feedback on what to offer!

I'd start at $100 and go up if necessary. Of all of the WSMs I have acquired over the years, I have paid $100 or more for two of them. Gotten WSMs for $10, $20, $50, $60, $75, $80.

yeah man great smokers..... Robert-r I take it you made that rotisserie ring for the 14.5... That is awesome... i have been looking for one..

I'd start at $100 and go up if necessary. Of all of the WSMs I have acquired over the years, I have paid $100 or more for two of them. Gotten WSMs for $10, $20, $50, $60, $75, $80.

I second this. It seems like the value of these is driven by sentiment and not demand. I paid $120 for my last one that was brand new in box. I would shoot for between $50 and $100.

Here's my "arsenal". 22 WSM and a 22 OTS Kettle. You can see the kettle gets pressed into service during smokes as a work surface.

I spent too many years with my modified ECB trying to get it to run right. Constant fiddlin'. But I sure learned a lot. When I finally got the WSM it was a revelation. During my last couple of cooks it has rocked along all day at 280 with no adjustments required, save for an occasional tap on the legs to knock down some ash.

Love the WSM!

Definitely worth every cent and the modifications double that!

Attachments

• IMAG0421.jpg
    IMAG0421.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 192
Where do most of you purchase your WSM units from? I can't say I've ever seen them at places like Lowes etc. I'm definitely in the market for one.

I've bought all my smokers/grills on Amazon.

Wow! I am new to this forum but I will say as the owner of both the 18.5 & 22.5 Sam's and being as popular as they are I am surprised to see that there has not been a post here in 2yrs. I am still learning to use this forum and hope that this thread can be resurrected. I will start posting pictures as soon as I figure out how.��

I hope so.I love my cooker and I am sure I am not the only one.

Attachments

• IMG_20181219_133416.jpg
    IMG_20181219_133416.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 255
I was going to be putting these cornish game hens in the throwdown but wound up having a siezure and they were on for 5hrs so I don't have pics of the hockey pucks that they turned into. šŸ˜

Attachments

• IMG_20190122_132434.jpg
    IMG_20190122_132434.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_20190122_132442.jpg
    IMG_20190122_132442.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 204
Back