If you could ask 1 question...

Kimo1

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
What would it be? I will be attending the Friends of OBR Fundraiser in 2 weeks down in KY. Pitmasters giving talks and demonstrations will be:

- Donny Bray of Warren County Pork Choppers
- Chad Hayden of Moonswiners
- Jeff Sharp of Yellow River
- Mike Hays of Team Enoserv
- Mike Richter of Chix, Swine & Bovine
- Tommy Houston of Checkered Pig
- Heath Riles

If you have a question for them, post it here and to whom you want me to ask. I will write them down, ask them, and post the answers here when I get back. I'll do my best to get them all answered.

I do not know which one to ask but my question would be: What is your Brisket end game? After pulled off the pit probe tender, What do you do next? Leave it foiled? Let it cool etc.

Thanks for posting this Kimo1.

I do not know which one to ask but my question would be: What is your Brisket end game? After pulled off the pit probe tender, What do you do next? Leave it foiled? Let it cool etc.

Any particular one you want me to ask?

Maybe for a NewB like me - "What is the ONE (or top Three) things you say to new folks NOT to do?"
I know it's a negative question, but you never know. ( of course DQ and late turn-ins are not the point, that is a given.) This would be a more subtle question.

Maybe for a NewB like me - "What is the ONE (or top Three) things you say to new folks NOT to do?"
I know it's a negative question, but you never know. ( of course DQ and late turn-ins are not the point, that is a given.) This would be a more subtle question.

On the list

Ask Jeff Sharp about the Honey Bear :p

Oh don't ask him that! He HATES that damn bear! :laugh:

Ask Jeff if he's going to give the rest of us a shot in the KCBS TOY pork race this year!

(He was the #1 pork cook in 2014)

Just kidding, really.
I hope you have a good time. It's gonna be a great event!
I know most all of the guys presenting and am particularly good friends with Jeff.

Enjoy!

Toast
The consensus was they leave it foiled and count on the carry over cooking. Pulling around 190 - 195 and letting it come up to probe tender.

Back