Thinking of adding a gasser...?

I agree about the 2 camps. Need to know budget and intentions/size requirements too. If it is really for just quick cooks for immediate family, the cheaper/smaller ones are good and easy to put away. I would add the blackstone tailgater to that list too. More multifunctional, built a little better. You get a small gas grill for weeknight cooks, a griddle for weeknight or breakfast cooks, and you get 2 really good outdoor burners to use when your doing big cooks for guests or on weekends. I like mine a lot, and you can put it away in about 3 minutes. Easily fits 6 burgers on gasser. Cool dinner for 4 or 5 no problem. If you want to do more though, spend the money on a nice Weber.

After some research, I'm kinda split between The Weber Genesis and Broil King. I'm liking some of the things about Broil King. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't get to their website to check them out. Which model are you looking at?

J&B Works is a great gas grill. I have it hooked up to a 400 gal propane tank and it works great, puts a lot of smoke on meat, and you can cook fast or slow with it.

I did a search for this... couldn't find anything. Got a link?

Ha Ha! Looks like we are both on opposite sides of discovery here. I just got into Charcoal for grilling as we had been on a Gasser for years. I'll always keep a gasser for quick meals like others have said but that flavor off the charcoal with a tad of wood is good stuff! The WSM for bigger cuts.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=242984

My Weber Spirit 320 has been and continues to be a great gas grill. 3 burners with side burner.

We've had a Weber Genesis Silver B for about 15 or more years. It's a beast and just keeps going. Set ups and replacement parts are easy.

I have had both Weber and Broil King. If this was 10 - 15 years ago, I would say go Weber for sure. But their quality has been in steady decline for years. The 2017 gassers (spirit and Genesis) are now made in China........ I am quite happy with my Broil King.

I just got a Weber Genesis II SE-410, and I am in LOVE. I got it a little over 3 weeks ago, and I've done 7-8 cooks on it so far. Super impressed with the even heat distribution/lack of hot spots, grease management system, and build quality. I know a lot of people are ragging on the fact that they are made in china now, but after assembling it, I can say that it sure seems like a quality product built to last. I would not hesitate to go for one of the new Genesis models, and for whatever it's worth, I do believe the LX line (enclosed cart, side burner, lighted knobs, grill light) of Genesis II's are assembled in the USA.

32568135106_39066c5990_h.jpg

31796503943_c2921e873e_h.jpg

I did a search for this... couldn't find anything. Got a link?

It would help if I got the name right. Sorry, here is a link.
Fyi I have two, the small one which we use in the RV and the large one at home.
The great thing about this grill is no direct flames in the cooking chamber, so, meat stays very moist. You add some wood to the chip tray for flavor.
If you buy the large one, go stainless steel.

http://www.cajunfryer.com/SmokinCajun.html

I got one - w/ rotisserie for $10 off CL - but never use it, always use the Performer, Smokey Joe, or Jumbo Joe. Ninja said weed burner lights coals fast, so does the small propane torch, which is what I use.

Im with ya. My dad gave me a gasser he picked up cheap. I figured i would use it as overflow or a quick meal. In 2 years the only action it saw was as a storage cabinet for bbq stuff. It just wasnt for me.

Im not against gassers. I have a big easy for holiday birds and love it. I also have fun with my blackstone griddle and wouldn't say no to their pizza oven.

I'm in the Weber camp. I used to get the cheapest one I could find and replace every year or two. My Weber is going on 6 years now, and looks like it'll be good for a bit longer.

I only wished I'd thought harder about going natural gas. I don't have a gas line where it is, but that could be easily changed.

I just got a Weber Genesis II SE-410, and I am in LOVE. I got it a little over 3 weeks ago, and I've done 7-8 cooks on it so far. Super impressed with the even heat distribution/lack of hot spots, grease management system, and build quality. I know a lot of people are ragging on the fact that they are made in china now, but after assembling it, I can say that it sure seems like a quality product built to last. I would not hesitate to go for one of the new Genesis models, and for whatever it's worth, I do believe the LX line (enclosed cart, side burner, lighted knobs, grill light) of Genesis II's are assembled in the USA.

The new burners look sweet and the ignition system too. How much more even is the heat? You should do the toast test. Kinda wish my 330 would crap out for an excuse to upgrade but it still works like the day I got it 5 years ago.

I've got a Weber Genesis E-330 for when I just want to do a quick cook and don't feel like firing up the Primo. It's a great gas grill.

I bought a set of GrillGrates for it which make it even better. Super even cooking and I've never got such nice char marks from any other grill.

I've got the same setup and use it all the time. It cooks great and its nice during the middle of the week when I dont have time to mess with charcoal. I think if you invest in a good grill like a Weber, you will still have it years from now. My dad and brothers are both over 15 years old I think. We replaced the burners and added some grill grates to them a few months back and they should last for a good while longer now.

Question for the Broil King guys.
Do the Broil kings have any sort of grease management system like the Webers?

After some research, I'm kinda split between The Weber Genesis and Broil King. I'm liking some of the things about Broil King. Thoughts?

Genesis. Mine's 15 years old and still going strong. My deck is all Weber, and while I almost always use the Performer, the gasser comes in handy when the wife wants to cook or for a quick burger. Recommend 3 burner horizontal.

Genesis. Mine's 15 years old and still going strong. My deck is all Weber, and while I almost always use the Performer, the gasser comes in handy when the wife wants to cook or for a quick burger. Recommend 3 burner horizontal.
Except your 15 year old Genesis is nothing like the current made in China model. The materials and build are noticeable inferior to even last years model.

Question for the Broil King guys.
Do the Broil kings have any sort of grease management system like the Webers?

Not sure what you mean. Mine has a removable grease tray and drip pan, very similar to my Silver B.

Back