• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

BBQ Lessons

motoeric

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knew if there are any classes that are held on Long Island that teach people how to properly bbq.

On a related note, any favorite bbq restaurants on Long Island so I can see how it's supposed to be done?

Thanks,

Eric Devlin

Eric: You will learn more here than you will ever learn fom a cooking class!! Look into our archives!! There is an answer for everything!! In this group there are alot of good folks from Long Island that will be more than willing to help you on a one on one Q& A. As for the rest of us , just ask and you will get opinions from all around the country.

We are all here to help!! Just say the word.

BTW--- If you haven't gone to cattle call and properly introduced yourself, please do so. There are alot of great guys and gals waiting to welcome you to the group,

Spice

No classes on LI ... although I recall talk at one of the Hooters bashes several months ago some of us considering paying to have a competition class held... It's a nice to have, but not necessary...

My suggestion is to read a lot right here and ask questions as they come up for you. Cook at home and try out some things to see if it is helpful. Doing it on your own with help from others as needed is a fairly safe route that you'll get the most satisfaction from. We're here to help (and ask for help too).

If you like to read, it also can't hurt to pick up one or two good BBQ books (ex. Dr. BBQ's Big Time BBQ, Paul Kirk's Championship Barbeque, Smoke & Spice etc.). Well written and will give you plenty of ideas to try and get the basics down.

Last edited:
Fire up your smoker, throw on a hunk of meat, watch the temps and enjoy!!!!!!!

Like they said, greatest bunch of Barbrcue fanatics on the planet, all gathered on one board!!!

Eric-these guys are making it sound like this site is some kind of "brain trust" of BBQ knowledge.
They are Right, it is just that. I learn something every time I come here. Stick with us, and you will be teaching courses in LI very soon, if you want to. Lots of knowledgable people here, all willing to share.

There will be a class by a very famous champion chef on the west end of Long Island soon. Keep watch.

Back