• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Free Cast Iron Dutch Oven from Brother-In-Law

Pappy

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Granite City, Illinois (Near St. Louis "GO CARDS")
My brother-in-law gave me a 12" diameter x 4" deep cast iron, dutch oven for free. His brother bought it for scrap iron for $2. B.I.L. saved it and gave it to me. There are no marking on it at all.

This is the same B.I.L. that gave me a 70 year old griswold dutch oven, a 4'x6' trailer for our 120 gallon offset smoker build.

Here is a pic of the new dutch oven.
IMG_4248.jpg

Last edited:
NICE!! There is nothing I love more than a dump cake or apple/peach cobbler cooked in a dutch oven.

And of course, free makes anything taste good! :thumb:

My brother in law ain't ever given me anything that cool, so yeah keep him around if you can for sure! Can't beat a trailer either, that's a big give. I bet those camp oven style dutch ovens are awesome though, wish mine had a lid like that.

Great Score!! Nice BIL.,,,,,,,but,I ain't sure the mane matches the tail.Does the bottom have little legs? If not,the top is a camp cooker and the bottom is not,not that it matters,still very nice piece. :clap2:

Nice man. Cast iron kicks ass, and I'll tell you the only way you'd get my Griswold cookware from me is prying it from my cold dead hands!

Awesome score. I'll be looking for one of those soon as well. The new house will have a swing out arm on the fireplace for just such pots....

I'll be looking for one of those soon as well. The new house will have a swing out arm on the fireplace for just such pots....

I don't know if this one would be good for a swing out arm and liquids. It seemed to teader back and forth as I carried it. Maybe because it is wide and not very deep. The Grisword that I have does not teader at all. It is not as wide and has a deeper bowl. I like to use the Griswold for baked beans.

Last edited:
nice do . The reason that it has legs on the botttom is so you can put hot coals under it. The top has raised sides so you can put hot coals on the top . Makeing it a .... DO

Back