New smoker trailer

Never cooked on one but have been to the shop... Those are some sweet cookers you made a good choice and I'm sure you will be very happy.

I have a Scottsdale and love it.

I am partial to the Argentine grates, but you'll get differing opinions on that. Heavy duty build.

It is a versatile grill. Get a griddle pan and you will have a ton of options. I mainly use logs on mine. I asked David to make me a little coal burning box so I can shovel red hot coals into the grill directly and not have to deal with waiting for a fire to burn down in my grill. Also opened up the entire grill surface instead of losing half of it with the brasero attachment.

The wheel and cable are solid and can handle heavy weight, so no fear of that thing coming apart. I did not get the extended lid, but kind of wish I did so I can close the lid while running a rotisserie.

The grates drop down low on the coals for a mean sear and they lift high enough to take them off the heat altogether if necessary. It is sturdy and simple. A couple of things I highly recommend: 1) ask about a grate cleaner for the Argentine grates. Cleaning them is a pain and they can fabricate a little tool for you that can clean out the grooves perfectly. 2) get the little burn box. Especially if you are doing big cooks and need the entire grill surface AND you want to use logs. Having a steady stream of hot coals ready when you need them is priceless.

Just ordered rotisserie smoker and Scottsdale Santa Maria style grill on a trailer 5 week wait . I'm real excited!!!!!! I was wondering if any of the Brother's have had any experience with these? I would love to here about it.
http://www.azbbqgrills.com/

oh, and knowing how David and Sandra work... check status on your grill after 3 weeks. It may be ready to go.

They told me 4 weeks for my Scottsdale and had it ready in 2. Mine had custom work on it too, so I know they didn't just put a bunch of pieces together from pieces in the warehouse.

Just got the 24x48 Scottsdale with the extended lid and rotis. Very well built and love to cook on it. You won't be disappointed. David and Sandra are great to work with.

I asked David to make me a little coal burning box so I can shovel red hot coals into the grill directly and not have to deal with waiting for a fire to burn down in my grill. Also opened up the entire grill surface instead of losing half of it with the brasero attachment.

I've got the Tuscan grill and really like it, David does outstanding work.

Leftwngr, any possibility you could post a pic of the burn box you reference?

Thanks...

that is the brasero attachment on top. The front folds down and I just shovel it out.

I can fit a little charcoal grate on some bricks inside and toss one of the spare grates from the Scottsdale right on top if I need a mini grill for something, but I haven't done that yet.

Attachments

• IMG_1233.jpg
    IMG_1233.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 569
  • IMG_1235.jpg
    IMG_1235.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 570
  • IMG_1236.jpg
    IMG_1236.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 569
Don't forget to post pics of this bad boy!

I don't see any rotisserie smokers on their website? Or is that another brand? Their stuff looks great. Good luck with your venture.

received some pics thought I'd share.
image1.jpg
[/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

Back