The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Unread 08-26-2013, 07:08 PM   #16
PeppermonkeyBBQ
Knows what a fatty is.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamfour View Post
Anybody know if there are regular bathroom facilities? Wife isn't wild about outhouses.
They do have regular bathroom facilities there ... they are just a little bit of a trek. You have to walk across the track, and up the hill to the grand stand area. About a 5 minute walk. But they are there and available as I recall.

XL Big Green Egg
(2) Large Big Green Eggs
(2) Small Big Green Eggs
Medium Big Green Egg
Mini Big Green Egg
Onyx Oven
PeppermonkeyBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Unread 08-27-2013, 11:53 AM   #17
Kit R
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theresa B View Post
Hey Kit- did you lose anything from your rig before we caught up to you leaving Palmyra and your door was open?
Not to my knowledge! Thanks for waving me dwn!

Unread 08-27-2013, 01:55 PM   #18
MAP
Full Fledged Farker

See you all thre.

Unread 08-27-2013, 09:45 PM   #19
DepChief22
Knows what a fatty is.

We will be there.

Unread 09-16-2013, 07:35 PM   #20
Teamfour
is Blowin Smoke!

Bump
BWS Party |UDS|Great Outdoors Propane Vertical|Maverick ET-73 |Maverick ET-732 |Super Fast Orange Thermapen | BBQ Guru DigiQ |Two 100 QT crawfish boiling rigs | LEM Meat Grinder | Grizzly Sausage Stuffer

Smokin-n-Style BBQ Team - Pitmaster
Lagniappe Chili Team - Head Cook
KCBS CBJ
MABA Member
Teamfour is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-16-2013, 08:11 PM   #21
ShencoSmoke
Full Fledged Farker

17 teams when I checked last week. Not sure how many teams have signed up since then.

I don't use electronic gadgets while cooking for the same reason Ronnie Van Zant didn't wear shoes on stage.
ShencoSmoke is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-17-2013, 05:10 AM   #22
Kit R
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShencoSmoke View Post
17 teams when I checked last week. Not sure how many teams have signed up since then.
Website says they are full in KCBS and backyard. I need to check that out since last time I hecked with Carey he said he was expecting 22 and was trying to get the three more necessary to reach qualifier status.

Unread 09-17-2013, 05:31 AM   #23
Rick Hamilton
On the road to being a farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit R View Post
Website says they are full in KCBS and backyard. I need to check that out since last time I hecked with Carey he said he was expecting 22 and was trying to get the three more necessary to reach qualifier status.
I called yesterday to get in. There was space but the team count was at twenty and not a qualifier so I am passing on this. That's too bad as this looks like a good event in a nice area.

Unread 09-17-2013, 05:57 AM   #24
MAP
Full Fledged Farker

We are in. The backyard teams are doing all 4 meats, I wonder if they can talk a few of them in to moving over to the KCBS at no extra charge to get to 25?

Unread 09-17-2013, 05:59 AM   #25
Teamfour
is Blowin Smoke!

I had seen that registration was cut off Sunday due to space limitations. Carey had said there was room for 40 teams, but I think that was Pro and Backyard combined. I hope the overabundance of Backyard teams didn't limit the amount of Pro entries.
BWS Party |UDS|Great Outdoors Propane Vertical|Maverick ET-73 |Maverick ET-732 |Super Fast Orange Thermapen | BBQ Guru DigiQ |Two 100 QT crawfish boiling rigs | LEM Meat Grinder | Grizzly Sausage Stuffer

KCBS CBJ
MABA Member

Unread 09-17-2013, 06:00 AM   #26
Teamfour
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAP View Post
We are in. The backyard teams are doing all 4 meats, I wonder if they can talk a few of them in to moving over to the KCBS at no extra charge to get to 25?
Great idea! However, I don't think it is fair to allow them in at no extra charge. They will have a shot at a larger purse compared to the Backyard prizes without having contributed to the prize pool.

KCBS CBJ
MABA Member

Last edited by Teamfour; 09-17-2013 at 07:26 AM.. Reason: Re-considered the suggestion.

Unread 09-17-2013, 06:56 AM   #27
Old Virginia Smoke
Got Wood.

Old Virginia Smoke will be there.
Old Virginia Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-17-2013, 06:57 AM   #28
ShencoSmoke
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Hamilton View Post
I called yesterday to get in. There was space but the team count was at twenty and not a qualifier so I am passing on this. That's too bad as this looks like a good event in a nice area.
Rick- it was nice catching up in Richmond, hate that your not coming because they are under 25, but I understand. Maybe woodstock in October?

I don't use electronic gadgets while cooking for the same reason Ronnie Van Zant didn't wear shoes on stage.
ShencoSmoke is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-17-2013, 09:23 AM   #29
Kit R
Full Fledged Farker

OK just spoke with Carey Verba, organizer for Smokin' on the Track. He told me he waited and waited for a number of teams that were saying they'd come, and when they didn't commit by this weekend past, he felt he had to focus on setup as o...posed to getting more teams. That's why he put up the "closed" for registration on the site. Same issue for judges as he had 50+ calls, and when he could not commit to all of them the majority of the ones he had on standby went elsewhere and won't reconsider. However, Carey said he is now RE-OPENING the comp for registration. So it's still not to late to get in. He said judges won't be a problem (I said I'd help him out with the judges recruiting as well). This is a superb venue (when else are you gonna have your own ginormous spot on a racetrack ON Pit Row) and great folks so let's get rolling and get this comp to 25 teams!

http://smokinbbqpal.com/

Thanks from:--->