What's For Dinner;Wife Ask(pron)

jacob

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Well no secret I do most the cooking around here. and it's times like this I just love my freezer. The times I am speaking of are when you don't even have 2 nickles to rub together. So I go digging and come up with a fine meal. Even got to finish up the slaw I made the other night. No wasting around here when things are good or bad. Enjoy the pron because I sured enjoyed the Sammie's.

First, took out a bag of frozen sliced smoked pork.
pork001.jpg

A hot skillet/three tablespoons of olive oil and 7 to 8 minutes later.
pork004.jpg

Had some Texas Toast so I toasted it. and added the leftover slaw.
pork005.jpg

Added sliced pork and secret sauce.
pork006.jpg

Put on the top and added a pickle.
pork007.jpg

Sliced them up so to handle with care.
pork010.jpg

Close Up
pork009.jpg

It tasted as good as the day it was smoked.:cool:

Last edited:
Don't you just love that smell when you cut open a heated bag? Usually after smoking it all day I am desensitised to the smoke flavor. Good job Jacob.

Don't you just love that smell when you cut open a heated bag? Usually after smoking it all day I am desensitised to the smoke flavor. Good job Jacob.

Oh yeah Brother, this is when I really get to enjoy what I have smoked.:cool:

Mmm... boy that sure would hit the spot right about now... looks really good.

GREAT JOB! Waste not want not is how I was raised :wink:

Damn man! Now I don't know what I want for dinner!!!! Was thinking of burnt ends but now I'm standing here looking in my freezer.... I'm so confused!!!!

Don't ya just love it! When you get a real nice score on the meat (and you have a buck or two to spare :rolleyes:) then you can smoke & vacu-suck for when times are lean. It sure is nicer being broke when you've got all that good eatin' in the freezer :biggrin:.

Been there, done that, will again, looks real good!

Back