• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Brisket, Fatties and Armadillo eggs Oh MY!!!

FatDaddy

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Woke up about 0500 and started the WSM. Nice and humid out with alot of fog and condensation. Put the fatties and armadillo eggs in the Bottom and the brisket on top.(tryin brisket on top with water in the pan to see if i can get a decent bark with the WSM.) something ive yet to do because the i usually have the brisket on the bottom right above the water pan and i think it gets a steam bath. bout 11.5 pound excel packer 2 abts with colby jack chedder cheese and bacon one sage fatty and one maple fatty all rolled in Hen and Hog Dust and the brisket with worschty sauce and Heffer Dust. Should be ready for supper. pics to follow if the are worthy enough.

FatDaddy said:
Woke up about 0500 and started the WSM. Nice and humid out with alot of fog and condensation. Put the fatties and ABTs in the Bottom and the brisket on top.(tryin brisket on top with water in the pan to see if i can get a decent bark with the WSM.) something ive yet to do because the i usually have the brisket on the bottom right above the water pan and i think it gets a steam bath. bout 11.5 pound excel packer 2 abts with colby jack chedder cheese and bacon one sage fatty and one maple fatty all rolled in Hen and Hog Dust and the brisket with worschty sauce and Heffer Dust. Should be ready for supper. pics to follow if the are worthy enough.

"2 ABT's" ?? That must be a typo. LOL I'm trying for fatties, ABT's and some thighs today, but I got called into work and it's +20° and snowing now. Got my fingers crossed, I would hate to eat hot dogs while watching the BBQ Finals tonight.

thirdeye said:
"2 ABT's" ?? That must be a typo. LOL I'm trying for fatties, ABT's and some thighs today, but I got called into work and it's +20° and snowing now. Got my fingers crossed, I would hate to eat hot dogs while watching the BBQ Finals tonight.

LOL you caught me .... I meant to say (type) armadillo eggs.. just took em off the grill pretty dang tasty. dont think ill do them again with bacon wrapped around the jalapeno inside the egg. wasnt crispy like i like my bacon. but still tasty none the less.

I knew a fellow Texan was up as early as I was this morning getting the pit ready. It was humid, but not foggy here. Brisket for needy family on now, about to put on 3 fatties and a chuck roast for lunch. Stick burner is humming along nicely at 240.

i thought about firin up the big pit but i knew we were going to be going into town for a about an hour or so. so i tossed it in the WSM. I have to constantly be on top of my stick burner,

Finally the pics are here

here are the pictures i promised yesterday. if i could ever get this dial up to cooperate with me ...

Attachments

• brisket.jpg
    brisket.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 259
  • flat.jpg
    flat.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 258
  • choopped point.jpg
    choopped point.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 260
  • fatty.jpg
    fatty.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 262
  • sliced sausage.jpg
    sliced sausage.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 255
thillin said:
Looks good. What type of sasauges are those?

slovecks jalapeno cheese.. i had read about em on here, and found em in stock at sams.. they were damn tasty

2a1e6a88.gif
That all looks great. I agree about no bacon wrap on the japs...it was probably good lubrication for the digestive tract. LOL

Is that sausage a Texas brand? My BIL can get it a Sam's in Houston. It's good stuff. I've never seen at any of the Sam's up in mile high country. :mad:

Hey buddy.... if you ever come into Ft. Worth, there is a place called Bassham Foods that is on the corner of I-20 and Hemphill on the south side. They are a wholesaler, but have a storefront there.

http://www.basshamfoods.com

They provided 1,800 hot dogs for our sons school field day the last several years. This past year they gave us some regular sausage as well as jalapeno sausage for the adults. The jalapeno sausage went like hotcakes and it was sooooo good!

My wife went to their warehouse and bought a case (of 30?) of the jalapeno sausage and it sure was good. If I remember right, it was something like $18. We are out and need to get some more...

Not sure what else they have there. Someday I want to check the place out.

Good lookin' grub, there, bro. Ditto on those sausages. I gotta try some of those.

FatDaddy said:
slovecks jalapeno cheese.. i had read about em on here, and found em in stock at sams.. they were damn tasty

They're good, ain't they?

Looks Good! I am going to try my first fatties over the hoildays.

Westexbbq said:
Slovaceks strike again!
Dang.
probably next to the Shiner!
Gotta get back home with the armadillos....

How right you are my friend. Drank about a 6pack.

Nice ring on that brisket! :p

All this fatty talk has me wanting to make some too. :idea:

Back