• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

305Q second cook ***LIVE***

so I ran around the corner and got a hood replacement thermometer. Put it at the grate level and while my dome reads 240 the grate reads 280 ish. Wow quite the difference.

So it means I have been cooking these ribs at 280 for 4 hours.

Gonna take a temp. brb

so I ran around the corner and got a hood replacement thermometer. Put it at the grate level and while my dome reads 240 the grate reads 280 ish. Wow quite the difference.

So it means I have been cooking these ribs at 280 for 4 hours.

Gonna take a temp. brb

No problem. 275 is a great target temp.

5 hour mark

bend test succesful.

2013-02-02183922_zpsda483eed.jpg

finished product.

2013-02-02184107_zpse19580db.jpg

Nice lil smoke ring

2013-02-02184326_zpsea49caa5.jpg

Family will be home in 1/2 hour. Lets see if I saved the wsm ....

Man, those look great!

Hope the rest of the family thinks so. I think you nailed it!

wallace

Those ribs look fantastic, I sure hope you all liked them.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

well, the family did not like it. So back to trying to sell it. Anyone interested shoot me a message ...

So you cooked spares twice and they didn't like them both times right? Spares and baby back for that matter should not be your first cook. Spares are filled with small bones which to an unknowing customer is not very appealing. Give it one more try, you have nothing to lose at this point. Unless you find someone in the Miami area who is looking for a WSM you won't get the 4 bills you paid. I would be hard pressed to think that the least you'll lose is about $100-$150 on the sale. So, go get a nice 8# pork shoulder and make some pulled pork. Go easy on the rub and the wood. Cook it until it probes like butter and then rest it for 2 hours wrapped in foil, bath towel and inside a warm cooler. Serve it up with some cheap hamburger buns and sauce on the side. If that doesn't work, then find a new family...............:biggrin1:

well, the family did not like it. So back to trying to sell it. Anyone interested shoot me a message ...

Sounds like they have a personal vendetta against you, bbbq and or bbq enthusiasts. Something is not adding up. :cry:

Looks good to me, and yes my WSM factory gauge reads way low. 40 degrees at 250ish real temp.

I'm saying pull rank at this point. I'm cookin some meat today. If you want some great. If you don't that's fine too. You know where the kitchen is, I'll be out here next to the wsm drinkin a beer.

Exactly............Put on those Big Boy Pants..........They get sick of Micky D

Back