• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

blues hog/dizzy pig chicken wings

• Thread starter Rick's Tropical Delight
  • Start date
R

Rick's Tropical Delight

the neighbor brought over some bag-o-frozen chicken wings and said "cook these". i dusted them with dizzy pig tsunami spin and grilled them direct with a raised grid at 350 with a handful of cherry chips for about 1:20 and toss them with blues hog for the last 20 minutes. the neighbor said "good chicken!" :biggrin:

bhwings-021.jpg

bhwings-032.jpg

bhwings-049.jpg

bhwings-059.jpg

bhwings-101.jpg

bhwings-115.jpg

bhwings-115-2.jpg

:biggrin:

Nice chicken was all they said? I'm speechless and ain't even there to have any. Nice work once again. Dang you and those perfect photos.

ain't that the truth? look at that second to last photo. he definitely likes that bone! :biggrin:

those were really good. i will recommend that combination for chicken every time .

Did you cook em from frozen or thawed out?

Lovin the bone suckin pic!

i put them in a bowl of water in the fridge for 30 minutes, then rinsed and changed the water and then dried with paper towels, then dusted with the dry rub and back in the fridge for about 2o minutes while the egg got to temp. standard stuff, mon :biggrin:

this is not rocket science. :roll:

Rick, really like the Blues Hog. Great mellow flavor and the visual is perfect. We usually thin it down with some chicken broth, butter, pinch of ceyanne, and a splash of woorsty. Makes a great glaze when doing direct on chicken. Looks outstanding as usual bro.

look at the grip the little dude has on that chicken wing in the first photo. his fingertips are white. :shock:

I would kill for a plate of those wings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Back