New Hampshire - New Contest?

BoneDaddy's

Take a breath!
Reaction score
Read this week there will be a new June BBQ contest in New Hampshire. Is this the one folks talked about after the Rockin' Ribfest issues last June?

-Frank

Is there a place that announces the competitions up our way? I'm not interested in competing but id love to come to some events.

Yep, seems there will be a new one in Swanzey, NH which is near Milford. Don't know if it is the result of any issues from Merrimac last year though.

Yes, there are two sanctioning bodies which sponsor cook-off. Kansas City Barbecue Assoc. (KCBS) and New England Barbecue Society (NEBS) Go to either site and you will find lots of info on many thing BBQ!

Read this week there will be a new June BBQ contest in New Hampshire. Is this the one folks talked about after the Rockin' Ribfest issues last June?

-Frank

Yes Sir, spread the word!! Huge sites(40x40), showers, entertainment, I think there will be a beer garden(not too sure), NEBS grilling on Sat and KCBS on Sun, plus all of the entry money(minus trophy costs) going back as prize money to the teams. This is shaping up to being a very good comp!!!!!

I am hoping that will be state #38.... Might have to bring the rv for this with the spots so large.

Yes Sir, spread the word!! Huge sites(40x40), showers, entertainment, I think there will be a beer garden(not too sure), NEBS grilling on Sat and KCBS on Sun, plus all of the entry money(minus trophy costs) going back as prize money to the teams. This is shaping up to being a very good comp!!!!!

I will donate half my site to a beer garden!

If Smokin' Hoggz is there, it's bound to be entertaining. :becky:

Do they have any rules like "don't drive on the grass", "don't get charcoal on the ground", or "$50 fine for marks on the grass" ?

Any idea when there will be more detailed information on this competition? I went to the website but it appears as though it is still under construction.

Thanks for the info...Looks like a great contest. We will definitely be entering this one. The grilling looks interesting especially the bacon category.

i agree. i think that other one will be dead in the water. 100% payout, large sites, beer garden, showers, entertainment...

Back