how do you get your fire going ?

W

warren

i was wondering of different ways of starting your charcoal

weber chimney and starter sticks such as diamonds strike a fire.

Got this one from good eats. spritz a sheet of newspaper with cooking oil, gently wad up and stick under chimney starter. Light the paper and your good to go

I just use a Weber fire chimney and newspaper. I haven't tried it but a friend of mine swears that putting a pile potato chips on top of the coals and lighting them works great.

I just use a Weber fire chimney and newspaper. I haven't tried it but a friend of mine swears that putting a pile potato chips on top of the coals and lighting them works great.

This is what I do... except I eat the potato chips while the coals are getting hot! :biggrin:

I use a weber chimney with a lighter cube (or paper towel and pam) and a weed burner to light the UDS.

Weed burner, puts on a hell of a show. Brings out the caveman in people, all they want is meat after seeing it in action.

Weed burners rule! A blast of one or two minutes is all you need to get your UDS or WSM up to speed. Plus it impresses the hell out of the neighbors after they hear the "jet engine" sounds.

Back