Mongo's Pulled Pork Stuffed Poblanos...

Al Czervik

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
We have a "Stuff It" Throwdown going on over in the TD section...

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=178254

If you have never participated in, voted on, or at the very least visited the TDs I would highly encourage you to do so. They are almost as much fun as getting your head stapled to the carpet but without all the pain and heartache... :loco:

In any case, here is my latest attempt at the coveted Goose Egg... :thumb:

Started off with a couple butts rubbed with SM Cherry and Spicy Apple...
edit_preview.php

About six hours in...
edit_preview.php

Resting peacefully once done...
edit_preview.php

And a sample of the yield...
edit_preview.php

Removed the skull caps from a trio of poblanos...
edit_preview.php

Stuffed them with a combo of pulled pork, cream cheese, more rub and a shredded three cheese blend...
edit_preview.php

Plus an extra layer of cheese...
edit_preview.php

On to the Performer they go. After about half an hour, the mixture had settled a bit so I added some more to top them off...
edit_preview.php

And below we have the money shot...
edit_preview.php

Mrs. Czervik and I had planned to have these as a little snack before dinner but they turned out to be so tasty and filling they ended up being the main course... :thumb:

Looks good, but I'm having a little deja vu thing happening. I'm going to assume you have never cooked this before. :becky:

CD

I'm going to assume you have never cooked this before. :becky:

I cannot tell a lie... :hand: I have cooked pulled pork, poblanos and pulled pork stuffed poblanos before.

Now I haven't cooked Pulled Pork Thermidor aux crevettes with a Mornay sauce, garnished with truffle pâté, brandy and a fried egg on top and Spam... :idea:

Wow! Just looking at the pictures makes me hungry!

These look great! I smoked a couple of pork buts last weekend, I think that I'll use some of it to do up some of those this weekend.

Thanks,

Rick

Back