St Paddy Melt

IlliniQ

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
This was the maiden voyage of my crimson OTG. Sadly have actually had it a few weeks without getting anything on it, but now have been using it pretty regularly.

With St Paddy's Day, the local grocery store had a bunch of Irish cheese on sale for pretty cheap, so I got a chunk of Dubliner and sliced it into thick slabs to melt over some burgers. (Hence the "Paddy" Melt)

Threw the burgers on over the charcoal, first time grillling on charcoal in about 10 years...smelled amazing, and the thick slabs of cheese melted perfectly

photo-mar-13-6-20-07-pm.jpg

Topped it with some grilled onion, ketchup, mustard, pickles and a huge slice of tomato on a toasted sesame kaiser roll.

photo-mar-13-6-38-51-pm.jpg

photo-mar-13-6-40-20-pm.jpg

Slainte!

Nice burger! What is the Dubliner like, flavor wise?

It's tough to describe. The description on the package was this:
photo-mar-13-5-41-35-pm.jpg

I'd say it's got some qualities of a white cheddar mixed with an aged parmesan. It's a little bit dry/crumbly like both of those, but still somehow creamy and a little sweet.

It's definitely worth checking out if you see it somewhere.

I saw those cheeses at our local Jewel store but didn't buy any. I may have to check to they have any left.

Nice looking burger! Too bad you didn't make it a double and enter the Farking Doublecheese Burger throwdown! There's still time. It runs all month!

Hmm...think I will need to come up with something a little more creative for a throwdown, but I've got a couple weeks...will see what I can do... :wink:

Back