Cover for Bandera

B

bbqinNC

My second post! I live outside Charlotte, NC. Anyone know of a place where I can get a cover for a Bandera? I have checked a lot of Home Depots, Lowes, and Wal-Marts. So far unsuccessful.

For those using a tarp, are you getting any rust build up? I noticed that some folks are using xtra large covers from other grills.

If need be, mail order would work, but I come up blank there as well after doing a search. I did search on this website as well and notice that the standard covers have fuzz problems.

Thanks!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I got an XL cover from the Evil Empire over a year ago. It's made of heavy duty cloth/canvas/something. It doesn't cover the very bottom of the smoke chamber but it takes care of the firebox.

As for rust, my firebox doesn't have any paint left on top. I spray it with oil during each cook and one day, perhaps, I'll brush it down and paint it, just so I can watch it burn off again.

The rest of the 'Dera doesn't have any rust.

The fuzz problem was on the earlier covers. and you can also get the ones without the liners. U can try the brinkman, NB or charbroil websites. Academy carries them occasionally, you may have to get one for the smoke king deluxe, which should fit.. But all in all , most just use a tarp and bungies.

I have fuzz problems with mine too and I just got it in August. I got it from Academy.

Bandera cover from Charbroil is a piece of chit. Maybe you wouldn't have the cracking problem down in NC but up here in the northland where it gets cold, the cover I had didn't last one winter. Charbroil did step up to the plate though and refunded my purchase. I now use a tarp and bungies, works great, just not pretty.

anyone know a good seamstress, seems like it should not be too awful hard to make a cover for the dera outta what ever you want.

Back