• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.
I was never really into Weber kettles until i saw a Yellow Homer Simpson 22.5" on craigslist for $20. I thought it was one fugly grill! I posted it on the WSM board and people started responding about how rare they were, it was gone by the time I replied, but someone off the site got it. Then someone was lamenting the fact that Weber should not have discontinued the Red Kettles-sometimes these are a dime a dozen around here. So I started picking them up. I'm partial to the Reds and I've flipped a few, had a Green for about an hour and sold it and I'm rebuilding a Genesis gasser with a Blue lid to match a Master-Touch to take to my Moms house. Free to cheep is how I roll with them.

100_2302.jpg

Sometimes they need a little attention and paint

100_2282.jpg

100_2283.jpg

Blue Master-Touch w/rotis ring

100_1425.jpg

Rescued during the Winter months.
Yellow Bar-B-Kettle with no date stamp.

100_2100.jpg

What to do with the stray kettle that you used the lid for a UDS???
Weber Redneck firepit!

100_1714.jpg

100_2326.jpg

100_2303.jpg

100_2607.jpg

It all tastes better on a RED Weber!

Brian I need to come visit you some day and see your BBQ stash!!!

Growing up we had a kettle. Many a great meal was made on that old kettle. My dad, who passed this last month, would man that grill with an enthusiasm I had never seen as a child. I learned my chops on that old grill. He would cook BBQ chicken that was out of this world. He would oil the chicken and put them on the grill. Then he would constantly butter them and duck as the smoke would engulf the deck. As he got older he gave up on the kettle and gave it to my brother in law.

My Brother in law had to let go of my fathers weber just this last month, as rust took its toll. it was beyond saving. It served us for well over 30 years. It was replaced with, you guessed it, a weber kettle.

My Blue 22.5 was rescued about 6 years ago. I saw it sitting on the side of the road, with a missing bolt on the leg. The sign said free to good home, so in the back of my delivery truck it went. It was in perfect condition, but did fall over and dent the lid slightly. It sits in the backyard and does its duty with no muss, no fuss. Every one knows I mean business when I get out the weber.

I also have my weber genesis for those quick grills. But lets not talk about that.

Bought my first kettle about 10 years ago after several propane(aaauuuuggghh!!!) grills burnt out(the last one was a webber that I have re-built twice). Bought a back up webber kettle( both are 22.5") last year. Also bought a smokey joe 18"(dont like it much). Cussed out my best friend for trashing a 22.5 cause the grates were shot(what a dumb a$$)
LOVE MY KETTLES!!

Love the thread!

Cooked a few sausages, couple a spatchcock chicks and some artichokes tonite for one of my opposing little league coaches tonite, using nothing but soaked staters hickory chips and two week old recycled charcoal out of my uds.
The Weber 22.5 is king!

Bought my first 22.5" kettle earlier this year, will not be going back to a gasser (or anthing else for that matter) ever! Only annoyance is our crappy weather combined with seeming to be at work all the flamin' time stopping me from using it!

I got WSM, two kettles and Smokey Joe, no better way to do the Thanksgiving Turkey than the kettles, count the brickets, watch the clock and tada!

Has anyone played with the rotisserie option? I use roto on a custom built open face monster my Gramps built 65 years ago and love it, but saw the Weber vesion and though Hmmm even better turkey maybe...

Oh one other question, has anyone tried the tool holder that fits between the kettle and lid? Looks to me like it would not let the lid cloce all the way in pictures I have seen...

Great thread, Trpfox1!
Makes me want to go out and buy a Weber...:mrgreen:

Yup, I've got the tool holder, no, it doens't stop the lid closing, thought it does make it tad awkward to close i.e. you have to fiddle a bit to get the lid just so so it'll sit nicely.:-D

Nice table setting. I especially like the roses. They look like ones I use to grow- Perfume Delight

I added to my Weber collection today. I picked up the performer today for $20 from craigslist. The 22.5 Kettle was bought for $10 last summer.

Attachments

• DSCN0067 (2).JPG
    DSCN0067 (2).JPG
    117.8 KB · Views: 1,790
Last edited:
Hey guys, sorry i missed this thread, been busy lately.
I wanna join in! Bought this to chop up for a Drum until i noticed the date stamp.....wasnt one, meaning pre 79! Classic restore job in great shape!

Also have 2 more Kettles and a Smokey Joe!

Brauma

"This is a beautiful thread. I've teared up twice"

was one of the "tear ups" for the PBR

Attachments

• PabstBlueRibbonlogo.jpg
    PabstBlueRibbonlogo.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 1,763
Just got my first kettle a few months ago - 22.5" OTG. Intended on having it for weeknight cooks or as something I could grill on while smoking in the CG or UDS. It has immediately become my main grill because of it's versatility and ease of use.

Haven't done any mods, but I do have one in mind. If I ever get around to doing it I'll post pics.

Added a 22.5" to the arsenal recently. I love it. Easy to use and great flavor. Look forward to many years of using it.

Back