• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Injecting Brisket

Just Pulin' Pork

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Need some advise on injecting brisket. I have read using a checker board pattern and inject against the grain. Any other tips I need to know. Any advise is very appreciated.

I usually inject with the grain. I think it is pretty hard to inject against the grain. I usually inject a little then move over an inch or so. Inject a little more until I am all the way across the flat then move up maybe two inches and go across again. Repeat until you have covered the whole thing. I am sure there are several ways to inject so I do not think you can screw it up.

I usually inject with the grain. I think it is pretty hard to inject against the grain. I usually inject a little then move over an inch or so. Inject a little more until I am all the way across the flat then move up maybe two inches and go across again. Repeat until you have covered the whole thing. I am sure there are several ways to inject so I do not think you can screw it up.
Does it streak? That is my biggest concern.

Does it Streak?

I take my time during withdrawal, then without pulling comepletly out, I go back in at a different angle, sometimes getting three or four different angles before poking a new hole.

Also consider setting some of your juice aside and shooting the brisket again during the plateau.

Some folks shoot it right through the cryo, but I like to wash off the purge. I use a service tub which saves cleaning the walls and your tee shirt.

DSC01857a.jpg

Well, sometimes. Really depends on what you are injecting with. I am a Fab B lite user and if I inject and then stick in the fridge for 4 or 5 hours before you throw it on it usually is not noticeable. I have injected with other things and it is more noticeable. I would suggest you try with whatever you are going to inject with.

I take my time during withdrawal, then without pulling comepletly out, I go back in at a different angle, sometimes getting three or four different angles before poking a new hole.
Ok to Paraphrase you.....:rolleyes:

BigMista showed us how he injects from the side with the grain to avoid streaks.

Yah I too have had some issues with injection streaks.. Still trying to find the best method to get the streaks out so I dont add pattern to the meat :)

Back