Commercial BBQ Sauce

I recommend Big Ron's BBQ Sauce, will be ready for sale next week :clap2:

I 2nd the Cowtown Night of the Living BBQ from Original Juan (OJ) or their Original Cowtown is really good too.
OJ has a new line of sauces called American Stockyard and their Southern Blues and Memphis Red ( i wonder who this is compared to?) are good, I mix the 2 together to cut the sweetness of the Southern Blues. Their Smoky Sweet is really good and if you like Mustard, I've been told (by my wife) that their Smoky Mustard is awesome. Plus, all their sauces are 30% off on-line this month. www.originaljuan.com

Just took a look at this line-up on the OJ website, and wow...they're not even being bashful about being a BH copycat are they? I just might have to give them a try for curiosity's sake if nothing else. Besides...running up to the store is a great excuse to have lunch at Rosedale BBQ. Thanks!

Just took a look at this line-up on the OJ website, and wow...they're not even being bashful about being a BH copycat are they? I just might have to give them a try for curiosity's sake if nothing else. Besides...running up to the store is a great excuse to have lunch at Rosedale BBQ. Thanks!

You ain't kidding about the names! They're actually all really good sauces IMO.
The products in their gift shop are cheaper than on-line if you decide to pick some up to try (even at the 30% off). If they have any left on their discount shelves, they have a proto American Stockyard Rib glaze. I picked one up for $1.25 but haven't tried it out yet.

I usually make my own, but when I make pork steaks I like to grill them and then let them simmer in Maull's original. It's good stuff but I have a feeling it isn't that common if you aren't in the STL area.

product_thumb.php

I was in the reserves with the guy that made it years ago I have seen it a Krogers stores , it made in Danville/Perryville I use to buy it my boys love it.

Here you go
Louisville
Kingsley's-all Louisville Locations
Partymart
Taste of Ky
Karen's Deli
Ky Art Gallery
Louisville South K.O.A.
All Liquor Barn Locations

Spocewine all day long! Love the Black and Gold.

If you don't mind sweet there's always Blues Hog. It is really sweet though. I usually use it with some habanero hot sauce (either Melinda's or one of many jamaican varieties) blended in for some additional heat.
I bought some Blues Hog for a Memorial Day party.Its pretty much a glaze not a sauce,And out of the bottle its way to sweet but actually with a decent rub on RIBS!!!Its the perfect mix of sweet and salt.I got nothing but great reviews!!!

And me personally,I say dont even taste it out the bottle (cuz its SWEET) just drizzle it on ribs or chicken wings and call it a day.

Yeah. I tend to use it more as a glaze than an actual sauce I guess. I didn't think about that since I prefer things to just have a nice light glaze anyway. Shows off the meat & rub flavors more. Over-sauce things and it's like eating a bunch of sauce with texture. . .

Tracy with BBQPHX.com has some amazing sauce. Perfectly balanced.

I'm not affiliated with them in any way, it's just a great sauce. So good that I had to order 12 bottles.

We're using it straight out of the bottle for pork and thinning it with AJ for a chicken glaze.

Kind of hard to find these, Ive tasted alot of commercial sauces and these are the most unique:

BBQ Petes Puyallup Fair sauce, Kent, WA
John E Burns Bold, Temecula CA

Other than that I usually make my own sauce, I dont use ketchup as a base and I will add ingredients like Hoisin sauce and agave nectar and overripe bananas if im looking for something unique.

I am new here, I have read quite a few of the threads.... but I am rather disappointed to see how many of you use pre-made sauces. Now I am not in your kitchens, so I have no real idea why... is it more of a time constraint thing? Or is it that you have never taken the leap to experiment with making your own? I BBQ and Grill a lot, and financially it is much cheaper to make my own sauces and rubs, and quite frankly it is much easier to adjust flavors for differing uses.. ie honey base / molasses base / brown sugar / vinegar / pepper
the other advantage is of course making the sauce with the rub you are using, and enhancing the rubs flavor with the sauce instead of competing flavor profiles.

anyway, I was just wondering why the large amount of pre-made sauce use.
thanks

~BONES~

Lately my favorite commercial sauce has been the Budweiser sauce... Dont like their beer but the sauce is pretty good

+1. On the bud sauce, I picked up a bottle of the reg and the honey one, hooked on it, hidden gem

I am new here, I have read quite a few of the threads.... but I am rather disappointed to see how many of you use pre-made sauces. Now I am not in your kitchens, so I have no real idea why... is it more of a time constraint thing? Or is it that you have never taken the leap to experiment with making your own? I BBQ and Grill a lot, and financially it is much cheaper to make my own sauces and rubs, and quite frankly it is much easier to adjust flavors for differing uses.. ie honey base / molasses base / brown sugar / vinegar / pepper
the other advantage is of course making the sauce with the rub you are using, and enhancing the rubs flavor with the sauce instead of competing flavor profiles.

anyway, I was just wondering why the large amount of pre-made sauce use.
thanks

~BONES~

I started out making my own rubs & sauces.. Several years and many recipes and testing. A lot from Paul Kirk's books... A few excellent, Most good, some OK and some blah...

Then I learned about Bill Arnold Blues Hog sauce line... Quickly realized I can never make a sweet sauce (original) or a vinegar sauce (Tennesee Red) as good as that.. and it's even harder if you mix the two.

Still, I like to try other unique sauces & rubs out there...and once in a blue moon I'll make a little homemade stuff but it's been a while.

Back