Bbq rest. Houston ?

Ackman

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Heading to Houston-- all I found on quick Internet search werea few chains Anything better that can be suggested please?

Thanks

do you mind eating outside in a fairly dodgy neighborhood with cat's everywhere? It's good Q and made the TX monthly top 50. I've eaten there several times but it's a little dicey. It's the only place in Houston i would even recommend for BBQ.

Virgies in houston. I would go without hesitation but if I sent you without the above heads up, you might turn around. Every single person I've met there has been totally cool. It's all picnic style and you'll be sitting with guys in ties and mechancs, and whatever else shows up. I liked it but might not be for everyone. The Q is very good. Not like top 10 good but miles better than any of those chains you saw online. Don't waste your time there. Houston is loaded with world class restaurants. Just not world class Q.

If you have a few hours, you can drive an hour to lulling and hit city market or got to lockhart and hit the big famous shops (Kruetz, Smitty's, Blacks)

http://www.texasmonthly.com/bbq/venue/4149

Virgie will treat you right though

Luling City Market in Houston is not affiliated with City Market in Luling though Houston's LCM is good Q and better than Goode Co.

I would recommend Burn's BBQ on Northe Shepherd close to West Mount Houston. It was the last open pit joint in Houston until Mr Roy died a couple of years ago. Its now run by his daughters. Their Q and sauce are very, very good.

Gatlin's at 1221 1/2 West 19th is relatively new but it's off the chain. Very high quality Q, casual, family friendly environs. I live close to Gatlin's and go there for lunch. Awesome.

Enjoy your visit.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk

Back