Treager at the local Mall...

caseydog

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
So, I'm at the mall today, and to my surprize, I I see a display of Treager pellet poopers, halfway between Williams Sanoma and the Apple Store.

I stop, and get ambushed by the salesman, who informs me this is one of the company's new "direct sales" locations.

It was just a 15X15 or so "patio" with about six different smokers.

Anyone else seen one of these?

CD

Saw them at the Costco in Frisco one day last year. Sales guy didn't seem to know too much about BBQ or how the Treagers worked.

We've got a store opening in a mall, here, real soon, I guess. Not sure I'd buy any accessories or even pellets there. Why pay more than what Ace Hardware charges? Might be fun as a second job, though. LOL

So, I'm at the mall today, and to my surprize, I I see a display of Treager pellet poopers, halfway between Williams Sanoma and the Apple Store.

I stop, and get ambushed by the salesman, who informs me this is one of the company's new "direct sales" locations.

It was just a 15X15 or so "patio" with about six different smokers.

Anyone else seen one of these?

CD

I have not seen or know what a 15X15 is. I did see some Treager's at the local Costco a few months ago. It seems Treager is no different than most business;s these days, sales, sales,sales. Forget about customer service and word of mouth, it is all about the sales people making quota.

@Caseydog - was going to actually run up to Stonebriar today and see what they had. I inherited a lil tex elite from my buddy. Ordered a replacement sensor earlier this week for it. Going on the hunt for a place to get pellets closer to Wylie this weekend. Once I get it up and running I'll let ya know how it goes or heck if you get board want to meet and see how it goes let me know.

I have not seen or know what a 15X15 is. I did see some Treager's at the local Costco a few months ago. It seems Treager is no different than most business;s these days, sales, sales,sales. Forget about customer service and word of mouth, it is all about the sales people making quota.

15 foot by 15 foot area for displaying the models.

Oh, and I wouldn't be caught dead in a mall.

Saw one at costco 2 yrs ago. The salesman didn't know much about them, was rude, and wouldn't stop talking.

My experience to date - salesmen for Traeger need some classes on salesmanship and manners. Their tech guys when you call in - freaking awesome!

@Caseydog - was going to actually run up to Stonebriar today and see what they had. I inherited a lil tex elite from my buddy. Ordered a replacement sensor earlier this week for it. Going on the hunt for a place to get pellets closer to Wylie this weekend. Once I get it up and running I'll let ya know how it goes or heck if you get board want to meet and see how it goes let me know.

Does the Cabela's in Allen have Treager stuff. I believe BBQs Galore in Allen does.

CD

The Costco Traeger roadshow salesman in West Valley City Utah is the best. He is a disabled vet from Afganistan war and had taken his Traeger over there where he became the battalion pit master. After getting blowed up, he came home and decided to give selling Traegers a shot since he loved them. Traeger put him on board and he is top notch. Having owned 10 Traegers including 2 COM200s, I threw him hard questions and he knew them all including the restrictions on running the stock three speed controller on modified sign wave inverters.

This Traegers gang is on the move, and have just recently been sighted in Wisconsin at Costco.

. . . oh, and Jake, you totally lost me at 'modified sign wave inverters':shocked:

My android eats apples nom nom nom.....:mrgreen:

My apple stuff does what I want it to do. That's all I care about. In my profession, we use what works for us. That means Apple.

I'd buy a Treager if I had more money to spend on my BBQ hobby, or if my WSM didn't do what I want it to do.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

CD

Back