Need Volunteers - Long Beach Long Island Hurricane Relief

In your OP you said NEXT weekend. Are we talking about tomorrow or next Sat?

In your OP you said NEXT weekend. Are we talking about tomorrow or next Sat?
Intentions were for next weekend- cooking this weekend- tomorrow- in Long Beach.

My husband and I would like very much to volunteer our time tomorrow or Sunday. We can be reached by email at KeithandLisa6@gmail.com or by cell, mine (Lisa) is 631-252-5375 and his (Keith) is 631-804-5664. Look forward to helping ... thank you so much for this amazing effort.

Intentions were for next weekend- cooking this weekend- tomorrow- in Long Beach.

I'm a little slow today.

So you mean it WAS supposed to be next weekend, but it's NOW happening tomorrow and NOT next weekend?

Sorry for being slow.....

EDIT:
NEVER MIND..... I see now. Thanks.

I'm a little slow today.

So you mean it WAS supposed to be next weekend, but it's NOW happening tomorrow and NOT next weekend?

Sorry for being slow.....

EDIT:
NEVER MIND..... I see now. Thanks.

YES! Saturday, November 10, 2012.

getting by check points

Has there been a solution to granting access for the volenteers. I was thinking the Mayor of Long Beach might be able to type a memo the you could post here and we could print.

I just heard back from our police liaison. We can access Long Beach via the Long Beach Bridge from Island Park.

If you have any problems, tell them that you are working with the BBQ people feeding the first responders at City Hall and that Officer Lee Nielsen is our contact.

Eric

Can someone tell me what time and what we can bring. My wife and I want to help.

Folks,

We have a major need for tomorrow. We need someone to drive an OBR funded rental truck down to Brick NJ, then to Coney Island, then to Staten Island, then to Long Island.

This run will redistribute much need product from Brick and Long Island to the new sites.

This is important, we really need someone to do this.

Thanks--Jeff Hughes
OBR Director, Western Region Operations

Jeff,

That is a very very long day of tough driving. If it can be done in a day. Instead of my hauling my trailer 400 miles Ill hop int he jeep and come be your truck driver for a couple days. When the deliveries are done I bet some cook site can use my manual labor. Call me you have my number.

Ed-'q'-cators will be there!

Bringing 3 smokers and whatever rubs and sauces we have left over from competition season ... should be great weather and that = lots of folks coming out. Just heard that Long Beach residents can now drink the water locally ... that means that we'll have clean water for sanitation. Bringing whatever I can fit into my minivan. See everyone tomorrow bright and early!

Tom

We are looking for more teams that can help in Brooklyn NY this weekend and next week. Please let us know if you can help and we can get you the information.

Jon
OBR

I believe that these directions to the Long Beach cooking area are accurate for those coming from the east. Please verify for yourself before following the directions! I don't know what streets are closed and what aren't.

Directions:

Southern State West to exit 22S, Meadowbrook Parkway
Meadowbrook S to exit M8W – Sunrise Hwy
Sunrise Hwy W to N Long Beach Road 3.2 miles
Left onto N Long Beach Road to Slight Right onto Long Beach road 1.1m
Slight left to stay on Long Beach Road 1.9 m
Slight left to stay on Long Beach Road .03 m
Continue onto Austin Blvd and follow to bridge.
Cross bridge onto Long Beach Blvd
Stay on Long Beach Blvd to East Park Ave (short distance)
Make a Right onto East Park Ave and follow to City Hall (1 West Chester St) .3 miles

We will most likely be cooking on the parking garage at City Hall. I'll be there around 8:30.

Buenos Diaz BBQ will be there. We have about a dozen volunteers coming on their own. I let them know about needing tables.

Tables are a necessity, but chairs are a serious luxury.

If you are able to throw a chair or two in your trunk, you might want to do so.

Additionally, I'm bringing the makings for some ABT's, Moink Balls and a rack of babybacks. If we want to get some sort of communal thing going, that would be cool.

Eric

I'll be there with a half pallet of charcoal, disposable cutting boards, a case of toilet paper, and possibly a six foot folding table.

Back