What's "Beinfleisch" & how to smoke it?

Cook it and decide if you like it. A rose by any other name.....
That's the idea, but without the name I can not order it, and I only have seen such type of meat blocks once (unfortunately without checking the name). I guess I'll just have to wait till it shows up again in the fresh meat department of my favorite wholesale supermarket.

There is a special for "Beinfleisch" coming up tomorrow at an unbeatable price of about $2.42/lb

cb51wxl0k66f0sd49.jpg

So that's what I'll be cooking this weekend, but I still would like to have some suggestions on how to smoke it.

I guess it will be lemon peppered, but to which IT should I take it and should I foil or not?

And how to serve it (since it comes with rib bones)? Some pictures of the ready product an a plate would be nice.

If it were me, I'd rub it, smoke it to 165F, foil it with liquid(beef broth or dunkelbrau) or pan with the liquid and cover with foil and cook 'til most of the fat/connective tissue is rendered off. You could use red wine if that's to your tastes.
My two cents.

If it were me, I'd rub it, smoke it to 165F, foil it with liquid(beef broth or dunkelbrau) or pan with the liquid and cover with foil and cook 'til most of the fat/connective tissue is rendered off. You could use red wine if that's to your tastes.
My two cents.

This is a good idea, a red wine braise to finish would be good. You could also throw some root vegetables into the pan when you cover as well. Carrots, potatoes, turnips, onions etc.

Nice, but the plan was to do it on the smoker only. I thought about the same way like brisket, first smoke with Mesquite till IT 165°F, then foil in 50/50 water+worstershire till 203, and at the end crisping up the bark in the oven. If anybody has any other better idea, please tell (still some days left to consider).

Back